Rowlett Nature Trail

Rowlett Nature Trail is a 6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rowlett, TX that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and road biking.

It was a fun and easy hike for the whole family. We found a southern copperhead along the way, which was fun and scary. The only disappointment was that there was no access to the water this late in the year (mid October).

Very good

Nice, easy trail. Good access to fishing for white bass in the spring at the very end of the trail where Rowlett creek opens up into Lake Ray Hubbard. ***Please be careful of snakes*** I have hiked a lot of the trails in DFW and I have seen the most snakes here, for whatever reason. A lot of copper heads. I would recommend going during the middle of the day and on colder days when the snakes will be less active. Please do not litter!

I hiked this easy trail with my three kids, 6,3, and one in a stroller. The trail is flat, easy to follow and very well maintained. The sign at the trail head said 1.3 miles, but there was no distance markers so I'm not sure how accurate it is. The two older kids completed the whole thing with almost no complaining, nice place for a family hike.

This is acutally a Rowlett trail. It is mostly crushed stone hardpacked. I would say the level is easy but a couple of creek crossings require some technique. It is a double track and will have some hikers so be cautious if cycling. The trail winds behind the houses on Indian trail and is nice when the lake is up. still a fun trail for a beginner.