Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Flower Mound, TX that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

Take Cross Timbers Road from I-35 E or Lewisville. Turn south onto High Road (there is a light at this intersection) and continue .5 miles to a small parking area on the left (east) side of the road. If you make it to Sunnyview Lane you have gone to far. There is no signage, but the parking lot is pretty obvious.

Sorry for the previous review it was meant to be for Rockledge trail.

This trail has been affected by the recent water levels rising. The Rock ledge has disappeared to a great extent, the trails consequently are not being kept up. There's a lot of dense vegetation and spiderwebs. :(

This is a good place that should be kept up so we can use it!

sucked

This trail has the potential to be fantastic but I was very disappointed at the lack of trail markers and then the eventual lack of a trail. There were multiple occasions where I had to use both the previously mapped hikes on this app and my own GPS to figure out where I was supposed to be and eventually even that failed me as I trekked through completely unmarked and very dense vegetation to get back to a known good spot. I only ended up getting about a mile and a half worth of hiking from this trail today (14May2016).

trail is still muddy near the stream (3/27/16) everything is lush and green.

Trail sucked not well marked and unsure of actual trail whereabouts

We just did this trail for the 3rd time today. We ended up getting so lost because markers ran out and didn't see the lake until we somehow ended up by camp David. It was crazy coming back but we made it. Still super fun!

The trail is really cool. However it's still really flooded, so you can only complete 1/3 of the trail.

Was a nice trail, but dead ended halfway to lake due to high water. We came back the way we came and then detoured down some horse trails that weaved us in between some homes.

Good way to spend a Sunday, just wish we could have gotten the full hike.

I hiked the trail on Friday and yes the trail does end when you get to the creek. I did go to the left and found a simple way across and was able to pick up the trail to continue on. I ended up running into water later on but was able to hike around 4 miles or so.

Only made it about 1 mile in- Denton Creek is too full from all the recent rain.

Great for where it is, some decent diversity of terrain. much is flooded as of late Dec 2015 so muddy is places and in several areas the trail is completely submerged. not well marked but plenty of trail to find. Worth the scramble for adults but not with kids IMO.

Not clearly marked, muddy and unmaintained.
NOT WORTH THE TIME OR DRIVE

I come here often for a short walk with the dog. Night hiking is great here, too.

Quiet, barely ever see anyone else on the trail. Dog loves it, of course. Local, quick, fun and not heavily used. What else can you ask for in a trail that's 20 minutes away from home?

Nice easy trail with a few hills getting down along the creek. A big hint is to turn right when you get to the small pond. Pretty depressing how low the lake is but still an enjoyable hike.

The water at this state park taste funny and made my wife sick. The contractors who mow the grounds at this park have made a game out of throwing rocks on the RV's in the park while they mow. I got tired of hearing rocks bouncing off my RV and the glass, I went outside and they took off. Then they came back four more times. At this point I figured out the mowing crew were involved in some sort of twisted game to see who they could make mad by throwing rocks on their RV. Our RV is worth almost 100k, I'm guessing they targeted us just because of the value of our RV. These people are harassing and vindictive who have made a game out of harming people's hard earned dollars. The looks of these people who operate the mowers, they probably live in storage units and probably addicted to drugs. BEWARE of this place, you have been warned.

I liked it but... The trail is not well marked. There are a lot of confusing off shoots. Too; I ventured all the way south to Rocky Point, beyond what is shown currently on this map (top right). And according to a map I'm looking at from Flower Mound Parks and Rec, this trail keeps going well into the North-East into Rocky Point Park. Maybe Rock Point Park would be a better place to get on the trail given the trails name. -?- I don't know. I got on up North at Sunnyview Road and High street. There is a little sliver of parking there right on High St. you can easily miss. Maybe all of this would have been more obvious if I was paying for the AllTrails app, I don't know. I agreed with many other reviews here too. I will go again.

I haven't gone yet

It's good, because there weren't many people. Great for the dog! Pretty streams, ferns, and moss to see on the way to the lake and back.

I really enjoyed this trail. The only issue is that there are so many turn offs that you can get turned around. Make sure to track you're original route!