Rockledge Park Access

Rockledge Park Access is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Grapevine, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, mountain biking, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Great lake view, hardwood forests, wildlife and wildflowers everywhere The total distance of the Lake Grapevine Northshore Trail is approx. 9 miles one way. The portion of the hike reported on here is only from Rockledge Park Trailhead to the Murrell Park trailhead and back. This single-track natural surface trail originates in Rockledge Park to the Southeast and terminates in Rockypoint Park with additional trailheads in Murrell Park and Twin Coves Park. The trail meanders along the shoreline of Lake Grapevine and at times also goes through thick hardwood forest. Wildlife viewing opportunities include fox, deer, rabbit and abundant waterfowl and birding year round. Drinking water is available at all trailheads with public restroom facilities located only in Rockledge and Murrell Park access. Parking is abundant. Trail conditions become very difficult (steep and very rocky) at Twin Coves Park. Be wary of heavy mountain bike use as the trail is shared by both hikers and bikers.

Great trails. Some wooded and some along the shoreline so it makes a fun hike. There were a lot of bikes but everyone was friendly.

Love bringing my dog out to this trail. Very quiet, though many mountain bikers.

Awesome moderate trail. Mountain bikers every few minute. Most announce themselves. Bathroom doesn't have a working sink or water fountain. Views on the upper include the insides of some really fancy homes. Gate staff exceptionally welcoming and polite.

Beautiful view, which is a lot of what I was looking for. Not the right kind of trail for running, more for biking. Also, as a side note you have to pay $5 to park.

It was a great park, just make sure you put on bug say cause there is a problem with ticks. But besides that theres great views and a lot of different trails.

Park is open but there is a bridge down about a mile in. You can still go up and around to the rest of the trail.

Trail isn't very well marked and I bushwhacked/walked around in circles a couple of times. But it is very pretty. Dog liked it too. Ended up finding a spot by the lake and setting up my hammock for half an hour before I had to head back.

Definitely be sure you are comfortable hiking up steep and narrow portions of the trail. Slid a couple times going down.

This park is closed due to recent weather. Will probably be closed awhile.

This is always a fun trail

I almost don't want to tell you how awesome this place is at the risk of losing my perfect spot.

It is the best entrance to enter NORTHSHORE TRAIL, although they will charge you $5 a vehicle from this entrance, unlike the other entrances, it is totally worth it.

canoeing

I really dug this place. I just started getting into hiking, but this is the kind of place I wanted to go to in my mind when I started doing this as a hobby. No paved trails, you can go off-trail a bit if you want, plenty of nature to see, and down by the water you can climb on all the rocks. I wish I wouldn't have went the day after it rained, but that's my fault. I didn't even go on nearly all the trails they have here, just the first leg. I plan on coming back earlier in the day when it's dry and really explore more. From the other reviews I see ppl complaining about all the trash, and yes there is some, especially down by the water, but it wasn't as bad as some were making out. Don't let your kids go barefoot though. Broken glass in several places by the water.