Rockledge Park Access

Rockledge Park Access is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Grapevine, TX and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, mountain biking, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Great lake view, hardwood forests, wildlife and wildflowers everywhere The total distance of the Lake Grapevine Northshore Trail is approx. 9 miles one way. The portion of the hike reported on here is only from Rockledge Park Trailhead to the Murrell Park trailhead and back. This single-track natural surface trail originates in Rockledge Park to the Southeast and terminates in Rockypoint Park with additional trailheads in Murrell Park and Twin Coves Park. The trail meanders along the shoreline of Lake Grapevine and at times also goes through thick hardwood forest. Wildlife viewing opportunities include fox, deer, rabbit and abundant waterfowl and birding year round. Drinking water is available at all trailheads with public restroom facilities located only in Rockledge and Murrell Park access. Parking is abundant. Trail conditions become very difficult (steep and very rocky) at Twin Coves Park. Be wary of heavy mountain bike use as the trail is shared by both hikers and bikers.

Love bringing my dog out to this trail. Very quiet, though many mountain bikers.

Awesome moderate trail. Mountain bikers every few minute. Most announce themselves. Bathroom doesn't have a working sink or water fountain. Views on the upper include the insides of some really fancy homes. Gate staff exceptionally welcoming and polite.

Beautiful view, which is a lot of what I was looking for. Not the right kind of trail for running, more for biking. Also, as a side note you have to pay $5 to park.

It was a great park, just make sure you put on bug say cause there is a problem with ticks. But besides that theres great views and a lot of different trails.

Park is open but there is a bridge down about a mile in. You can still go up and around to the rest of the trail.

Trail isn't very well marked and I bushwhacked/walked around in circles a couple of times. But it is very pretty. Dog liked it too. Ended up finding a spot by the lake and setting up my hammock for half an hour before I had to head back.

Definitely be sure you are comfortable hiking up steep and narrow portions of the trail. Slid a couple times going down.

This park is closed due to recent weather. Will probably be closed awhile.

This is always a fun trail

I almost don't want to tell you how awesome this place is at the risk of losing my perfect spot.

It is the best entrance to enter NORTHSHORE TRAIL, although they will charge you $5 a vehicle from this entrance, unlike the other entrances, it is totally worth it.

I really dug this place. I just started getting into hiking, but this is the kind of place I wanted to go to in my mind when I started doing this as a hobby. No paved trails, you can go off-trail a bit if you want, plenty of nature to see, and down by the water you can climb on all the rocks. I wish I wouldn't have went the day after it rained, but that's my fault. I didn't even go on nearly all the trails they have here, just the first leg. I plan on coming back earlier in the day when it's dry and really explore more. From the other reviews I see ppl complaining about all the trash, and yes there is some, especially down by the water, but it wasn't as bad as some were making out. Don't let your kids go barefoot though. Broken glass in several places by the water.

The views are spectacular. There are rocky areas to climb. It feels like being at a rocky beach. My kids lived it. They went swimming in the lake. The only negative was litter and glass. Do not plan on being barefoot ever. Bring water shoes if you want to get in the lake. I highly recommend you bring food and spend one afternoon picnicking and hiking Rockledge. We will be back.

I was impressed. Good trail to spend an afternoon!

Simply Fantastic!! I love this trail; it has everything for bikers and hikers!!

As a mountain biker, I love this trail! I am pretty new to the sport, and have only been 6-7 times, but I love it! I was previously going to a much more simple, easy trail, and while it was fun, it got boring fast. This trail is easy enough that I can definitely manage it and enjoy my experience, without being in over my head, but it's challenging enough that there is plenty of room for me to grow as a rider out here. Very enjoyable! I will be back regularly!

The others who have reviewed this trail with stars galore need to get out more, no offense. This is a simple lakeside trail. Very narrow and obviously designed for mountain biking. On foot there is little to sec but keep your head up or you may get run over by a 200mph mountain biker. The bikers are friendly and will let you know how many, if any, bikers are behind them, but it doesn't compensate for the near death experiences that you'll encounter. Like I said, there's not much to see. The woods are very dense and aside from the occasional lake view, I was bored. Finally gave up on the trail and went down the shoreline. It was also disappointing. Large scree, dead fish and trash everywhere. Good for exercise, that. is. it.

A lot of fun.