Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

ice climbing

off road driving

scenic driving

Great trail with tons of stairs. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

21 minutes ago

Great for a nice morning walk.

Stairway system throughout made it tough to use for any trail running but probably makes it more accessible to most hikers. Too much of a crowd on a nice Saturday to run anyway.

Going out and back from Big View trailhead was about two hours (ish). Steeper from the Big View entrance in case you only want one direction.

The other reviews make this trail seem like there are nothing but stairs but that's not entirely the case. Take your time and stop and rest if you get tired and you'll have no problem. Make sure to take lots of water.

Isn't anything special. Super busy and the path is narrow so you notice. The river and waterfalls are nice and it's a good workout.

Moderate challenge with lovely views. My pooch loved it too!

This trail is a great workout. You're basically climbing stairs the entire time. It's also very pretty and shades which helps keep you cool from the sun.

Hit this trail for the first time today and did all three of the trails (Fern, Canyon, and Panther Hollow) out and back. I started at the bottom with Panther Hollow then took a detour down Fern and came back to Panther once I reached the end. Once back I continued on to Canyon which is by far the most difficult because of the multiple sets of steps/elevation change. Got a solid burn going and the heart rate spiked for sure. I recommend starting at the bottom just because I wouldn't want to do an out and back hike leaving that climb for the end when my energy is spent. Once I reached the top I went back and took off, but I intend on going back soon to check something out; near the top of Canyon there is an unmarked trail that cuts across. On my way back down I took it as a detour for about 10 minutes before turning around. I'd like to find out where it goes and intend to. All in all it was a great time. Stopped to sit in the spring for a second and the cold water was great. Only complaint is an off leash dog that was pretty aggressive.

Lots of stairs!