Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, TX that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from August until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

ice climbing

off road driving

scenic driving

Great trail....tons of stairs. Good elevation. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

Nice place to hike. Bring lots of cool water!

My favorite trail in Austin. Loved the drive. Great hills and pretty houses. Trail had stream running beside it most of time. Dogs off leash was great. I ran walked from south to north trail head in hour and 35 min. I hustled. Loved it. Crowded

The wife and I as well as our dogs walked this trail today for the first time. It is extremely well-maintained and very scenic. I couldn't agree more with another reviewer's comment about it being a "Stairmaster". Definitely bring a camelback or some other type of hydration system. Looking forward to trying this trail again when I am in a bit better shape due to all the ups and downs.

Very nice trail hidden amidst the hills of west Austin. Challenging elevation and great scenery, birds and a couple of rewarding views.

The best trail in the area without doubt!!!

Beautiful trail!

If you start at the opposite end of the trail head by the pond, half the trail is really easy, the second half is hard. Really beautiful and lots of small streams to cross. After a good rain their is an awesome natural pool to swim in.

very challenging. lots of climbing. depending on how recently it rained there may be a lot of mud.. some low water crossings.. but a beautiful and rewarding trail. The man-made steps get annoying after a while and I found myself opting to walk along side them when able to.

Awesome hike!

Kicks my butt every time

All uphill or all downhill the other way. It's a lot of steps and walking uphill. Pretty and nice hike with creek and water.

My girlfriend and I hiked this trail for the first time last week. It was a great trail. We had a fast pace since we didn't want to get caught in the dark on the way back. We completed one way in about 50 minutes. On the way back it was way easier and we got to enjoy the scenery.
Some spots are slippery and you do have to hop streams by stepping on stones but other than that it was pretty safe.

Pretty trail, relatively quiet. Couple of great spots to rest.

Definitely "nature's stair master." So be prepared to work those legs, but a great workout! Beautiful scenery and nice shade.

We love trail running! Be aware, that this is a VERY intense course to run. There are endless stairs up and down. Make sure to bring a camelbak or some sort of hydration. This is an out and back route, not a loop. So remember that as you plan your run or hike. We can't wait to go back over and over and over!

Definitely wanna go back there.. this is my favorite of all trails i've been.