Memorial Park Red Trail

Memorial Park Red Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Color coded trails for increasing difficulties. (purple=easy, red, blue, orange/yellow=intermediate to advanced). They are interconnected, with trail heads at the rugby pitch and baseball fields. Also has a separate green trail, referred to as the "triangle" trail for advanced riding.

Perhaps as good as it gets in houston but you can still hear road noise in a lot of the park. Lots of mountain bikes so keep an eye when on foot. Not sure why this is rated moderate- definitely easy.

Easy hike through wooded area so you feel like you're out of the city. It gets a little harder a little further back on the trails. I love this park!

I loved it! They have cleared the area for more trails and the made the existing trails wider.

For quick easy routine walk

It was good, very easy, some parts You have to share the road with cars, so I don't like that.

Walked part of the trails. Like the workout station with outdoor equipment to get in a total body workout. Lots of people on the trails. We walked only a few miles and back. Plan to visit this trail on my next visit to Houston.

I love these trails. However, my running partner almost stepped on a coral snake during our last run so please be careful!

great to go hiking with the kids!

Trail was fun but the current storms have left it difficult to ride. Hope they fix it soon. But it was a joke rather than an adventure

Definitely some of the best trails in Houston. Love to go with my brother and we always have a great time.

There's a variation of trails that range from easy to hard. I have tried all colors and they're all very pleasant to experience. There's a lot of people in bikes, so you have to be able to communicate with them whenever you hear one close by, because the trails can be very narrow, so you'll have to move out of the way for them to pass. Also, make sure you don't go on a day after a storm/rain because you'll have to make some detours on some trails. Other than that I really recomend the orange trail, which is ranked the most difficult; but personally I like the sight seeing, dips, and bridges along the way.

My husband and I took the most "difficult" trail available in February, though in most state/national parks, these would be moderate/intermediate. We were pleased to see a lot of local flora and fauna. Unlike some of the other great walks in Houston, this one is actually unpaved, which I loved. On the negative side, you can always hear roadnoise, and part of the trail involved us walking under loud power lines and next to a railway. I'd go back again just to explore more of the little offshoots from the bigger trails. Bikers do not seem to care about the signs that say "no bikes" on trails that are clearly for people on foot.

I've been running these trails for about 7 years now and have seen my fair share of local wild life, this morning I was running with my dog bubba like I do every morning and we saw a CORAL snake. Wasn't very big and luckily grabbed bubba before he got to close. Few weeks ago I also saw a cottonmouth, even though yes these bike trails for awesome please watch where your walking and your surroundings :) . I have notified park rangers to post some warnings :)

Love memorial park and this will not keep me away!

Best houston has to offer for mtn biking

I recommend these bike trails!

Some of the better riding in Houston. Most of the trails are not for beginners. This is even more true after the tree loss because of the drought. Be prepared for exposed roots, lots of them, and a few drops.