Pine Springs to McKittrick Canyon

Pine Springs to McKittrick Canyon is a 18.9 mile point-to-point trail located near Salt Flat, TX that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

18.9 miles 1978 feet Point to Point

Park office 400 Pine Canyon Dr, Salt Flat, TX 79847 (915) 828-3251

I suggest doing this in reverse. I started at McKittrick Canyon. Left my car at pine springs and hitched a ride to the canyon. First day was really hard but really rewarding. Biggest thing is you have to carry all your water so that initial climb was pretty brutal with the extra weight. That said, totally worth it as the approach to the canyon as opposed to walking away from it is breathtaking. Can be done as a one nighter or as a two nighter by staying at Tejas or Pine top.

Amazing. Varied. Rugged. Challenging. Alone. Magic.

Was out there last weekend for the first time, fall colors were amazing. Wasn't very impressed driving up to the park/ trailhead. But, as soon as you start your hike you start seeing how beautiful it really is. Hidden treasure indeed! The further in you hike the nicer is gets. Definitely going back soon.

I spent 2 days and would go back in a moments notice. I went during November and experienced a beautiful oasis of fall colors in an desolate area. The drive up to this national treasure has you questioning if you are going to see anything other rocks and sand. Below I have attached a video I did of my trip. enjoy

This is by far the most beautiful place in Texas. You would never know this beauty existed in Texas unless you hike this route. You get the views of desert mountains mixed with pines of new Mexico followed with the fall colors of Colorado. Do not overlook this national park it is a hidden jem.

Beautiful Trail! Lots of trees and small creeks. There's a cabin and a lodge along the trail....those aren't open to the public but they are still a wonderful site. There arelate plenty ofpf shady areas to stopthe and enjoy the view. And so much better in the fall....I've heard there are lots of colors. Definitely going back to see for myself.