Pace Bend Park Trail

Pace Bend Park Trail is a 4.3 mile loop trail located near Spicewood, TX that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

beach

We took the highlighted route in the app, and while peaceful, it was a bit dull. That said, the trailhead had a great bike repair station set up, and the markers inside the trails were great - even showing difficulty levels, but the trailhead needs a map. Without the app, we would have had difficulty. We do want to go back to camp in the future.

It's a nice quiet camp ground. Nice hiking and bike trails. Primitive camping. The park rangers are super nice and friendly. Will return again.

Easy to get lost in but lots of fun, wear appropriate gear out there, have PLENTY of H2O (minimum 3L, I took 5 and went through 3L's easy after 12 miles and still had more places to ride) Great wildlife! Lizards scurrying all over the road and trails sun bathing, Hawks, red cardinals, roadrunners. Great cliff side views all over the perimeter of the park, great for cl8ff diving although I want able to take a dip because of all the debris from this recent storm we're having. Ps sun block!

off road driving

I am unable to review this trail because it is listed on Alltrails as a 4x4 trail. When I got there the trail marker showed hiking, horseback and mountain bikes. Boy, was I bummed!

Other reviews have noted the park's cliffs, campsites and a great beach. I took my family to hike and that aspect of the park was a little disappointing. The trails are mostly washed out down to the limestone bedrock with lots of loose rock on the trail. This is typical hill country hiking, but the juniper scrub was close to the trail and seemed to be overwhelming the other vegetation . Because of the camping, trail riding and beach traffic, there was very little wildlife in evidence. Maybe moving off the trails and staying on the cliffs at the edge of the park would have been more scenic, but with smaller children I stayed on the trails. As a hiking destination, I would go elsewhere in hill country unless you just want a good workout..

Beautiful park featuring cliffs above the bends in the river, aka "lake travis." Nice for camping, but not much privacy.

Very beautiful park!

Great place to camp near the beach and go swimming! Fun and stress free.

Great camping here (I talked about it a little in my other review). Just making sure its obvious that you can camp here.

Great park in the Austin, TX area to camp and bike. I've camped here twice and had a really great time. There are spots all around the park to camp including non-improved sites (not 100% I was allowed to camp there but no one gave me any trouble).

Mountain bike trails seem easy to moderate in spots. The rocky climbs seemed to be the most difficult. But there seem to be more than enough interesting aspects to keep you going.

Plus as a little bonus there are some cool little dirt trails for your 4x4 Jeep etc. to check out. You can drive (and camp) right out to the beach.

Enjoy!