Panther Canyon Nature Trail

Panther Canyon Nature Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near New Braunfels, TX that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was an easy, beautiful trail. The scenery was great and we saw some wild life (some neat looking bugs, deer and bats). We also saw some people who hung some hammocks in the trees along the trail and families hiking as well. It also seems like a great place to star gaze. I would love to go back.

Great short walk, good shoes recommended.
We took a walk along the creek bed and found rocks with imprints of ancient plants and sealift and even a mark that looked like a dinosaur's foot print

Most of the trail was shutdown this trip due to flood damage. But still nice, very rocky terrain.

I take my kids and dogs with me on this trail. It is a nice distance for small kids and is conveniently located in Landa Park. The kids love to finish this trail with a dip in the Comal River.

the path frequently splits, so there's numerous ways to get to the endpoint. was a little disappointing to realize the end of the trail was only designated by small "private property do not enter" signs. the majority of the ground is large rocks, so it kind of detracted from the hike when you had to spend the majority of it watching your footing. overall it was enjoyable.

It's a good starter trail for all ages. Wear comfortable shoes because it is a rocky trail. I crossed paths with many deer throughout the trail and it was very peaceful.

The trail is very rocky so good shoes are needed, but I loved being close to the dry stream and looking at the rocks that were shaped. It goes up a little bit not too much so it's a nice easy thing you can do in about an hour. They are currently working on a better trail so when you see red flags, don't go there. Additionally, my dog enjoyed it :)

Great weather! Trail well maintained! Lots of rocky places so sturdy shoes recommended.

Love this hike, only wish it was longer. It is a beautiful hike along a creek bed that only has water in heavy rains. Starts right at the bubbling springs that form the Comal River, which is really an amazing thing to see. There are limestone cliffs, lots of trees, a smooth path but rocky in some places. During the week there are very few people on the trail.

We went on an overcast Saturday, mid-morning. Even though the sun wasn't out, the trees provided ample shade. We saw a young family with kids around 6 years old who made the entire trip. We also saw a man and his dog walking briskly through the trail. It is a short trail but reasonably fit people can climb the side-trails, which go up and back, to elongate their experience. Overall it was a rather enjoyable experience and we will go back again.

nice short walk....

short trail, but fun to run. Very quiet with few other people during the week. I try to incorporate it into a longer run at least every other week.

It was a pleasent trail and would be good to do with kids or family. Saw a group of RC car enthuisiast's with rock crawlers going up the dry creek. It looked like a lot of fun.
I was looking for something a little longer but you could walk around the park for some extended walking/scenery if need be.

Really enjoyed this trail! I finally got around to this trail and it's a great easy hike with lots of scenery. Landa Park itself was getting busy when I was done with the hike around 9:45am so it's best to go during the week in the mornings. Also, I took my dog with me and she enjoyed the trail too, though I will say that this trail was the rockiest one I've hiked so far.

Short

Love this trail, they have expanded it to 2.2 miles and it's still listed here as 1.6 miles .

Perfect for small hikes an watching scenery. Great for first times, since my fiance and I decided to start hiking together. I loved it.