North Shore Trail

North Shore Trail is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grapevine, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a very fun hike with my fiancé! We spent about 2 hours on the trail. Not a ton of elevation change. The section we hiked was mostly forested; not much view of the lake. We started at the Murrell Park entrance and hiked east and looped back. I will definitely be back to hike this trail more!

Great little trail. There's a free entrance to the trail at Murrell Park.

great to get away from dfw

Enjoyable trail but needs better markings/signage to move from one loop to another. saw a lot of trash by the shore. One spot had 10-12 empty beer cans and dozens of spent fireworks. The next time we go we will take trash sacks to help clean up.

North Shore is an oasis of calm in the midst or urban sprawl. One funny sight: one trail follows the back fences of homes. We saw a family enjoying their pool as we were 10 feet from their fence.

Great trail! It was quite long most of it seemed to be nicely isolated from hectic reality. the beginning of the trail was not very well established. More than a few times I was not sure if I was on the right path.

We went in at Rockledge and had a hard time finding the trail. I think we should have gone in on the other end. Once we did find it, it was not marked well and we got lost. There was also a lot of trash. Disappointing since we paid to get in. We will stick to the trails at Cedar Ridge or Arbor Hills. Much cleaner and marked.

great trail!!
if your a hiker do not follow the Dorba.org closed guidelines. i talked to a park attendant today and he said that is for bikes only. they are a dallas off road bike club.so hiking guidelines do not apply.
very misleading.

Trail closed.

We hiked just under 2 miles and only ran into a few people. Weather was great (sunny and 60). Was just checking it out as it was my first time but I went with my buddy that hikes this area frequently. He showed me damage from the flood and the washed out bridges that still need repaired. It was a great way to burn some early morning calories. Easy and some great sight lines of Lake Grapevine!

I first went to Rockledge Park. The guy at the gate said the trail was closed to bikes, but I could hike about 2 miles. I decided to go where the trail meets the first neighborhood and went in there. As the guy said, about 2 miles and the first bridge was down. We hiked north up the stream about 1/8th of a mile to find a crossing. The brush was bad, but it was worth it! We found an awesome slab of sandstone that had been carved out by the water. No trash, no people, just beautiful nature.

Once we crossed the creek we followed the trail for another mile until we hit another area where there was no longer a bridge. We found a tree to walk across to the other side. We then walked as far north as the trail went and did part of the loop before it ended in water. From there we got back on the original trail and hiked back. Then took one of the roads the remaining way.

Overall, it wasn't very muddy. The bottom part of the loop is mostly underwater and you have to get creative for the 2 bridges that are down. 6 hours and 11.5 miles hiked. Great time.

I tried to go yesterday. And the guy at the gate said that it was too muddy and you couldn't bike. I was really bummed to say the least considering I went quite a drive to get there.

Drove out there this afternoon for a mountain bike ride and to scout the area to check the condition of the hiking trails. At the check in gate, the attendant said that bike riding is still shut down due to trail washout from last year's flooding and only about 2 miles of the trail was suitable for hiking. From the gate I saw a lot of camping going on and the area by the gate and parking lot looked to be a great picnic spot. I went ahead and did a U-turn at the gate and eventually proceeded to the south side of Grapevine lake to the Horse shoe trail area where there was much more available mountain biking and hiking available.

it would be an amazing trail if it wasnt covered in litter. its sad. for the $5 they charge, it should cover someone keeping the place clean.

Love this trail. One of my favorites. More than half of the trail is still inaccessible due to high water at the lake, but we hiked out and back for a total of about 2 miles. At least the park is open again!