North Shore Trail

North Shore Trail is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grapevine, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Best Mountain Bike Trail in DFW.

Been to them all (or nearly all of them) and this one is by far the best. Quite a bit of undulation for around here and awesome scenery. There were quite a few bikers up there, from what I gather this is typical as it seems the trail is primarily for MB's. Trail is kept up very well, had no problems and a great ride.

great trail...... good variation in terrain.

A nice woodsy hike. Minor elevation changes. It goes along the water for parts, and you can get pretty close. If you go to Rockledge you can get kayaks for rent on the weekend. Watch out for bikers, as there are a lot of them on the trail.

Great trail! Be sure to stay along the shoreline at the beginning. There's a trail about 150-200 yards in that looks like it goes into the woods, but it's either horribly maintained or it was a game trail (probably the latter). Parking is $5. Most of the trail is dirt so make sure you wear older shoes if you don't have hiking boots! Also, if you're planning to run PLEASE don't run with headphones in. There's a lot of bikers on this trail and I personally almost got ran over and I wasn't listening to music. Some bikers are really good about giving warning, others....not so much. Best to be aware for your safety and theirs!

Great trail to mountain bike! love the ramps! spotted a baby deer by the trail in the afternoon that was pretty cool

I LOVED this trail! I have ridden a lot of different places. This trail is very well maintained and so much fun! Almost didn't come here. So glad I did.

This is a fantastic one-way trail for hikers, trail runners, and riders. (A quick note about riders: This is a very popular MTB trail and it's incumbent upon us hikers/trail runners to stay aware and yield the trail to them. If you need music while you workout, please leave one earbud out and make a conscious effort to listen for riders. You'll hear them before they see you. Also, please avoid disrupting roots/rocks/ruts on the trail. What you may see as a hazard is a technical feature for our wheeled friends.)

I've done as few as 4.5 miles and as many as 16 miles on Northshore and it's my go to as I can be there and ready to go in 15 minutes. I enter through Rockledge Park because the folks there are fantastic and I like the idea of supporting the park services with my meager $5 entry fee. You can park for free at the Murrell Park entrance, if that's your preference.

As with most DFW area trails, this is not an elevation change kind of place. There are a few extremely moderate inclines scattered across the miles but they are not challenging in the least. This is really a great place for those just starting out and for more experienced folks to get some good mileage. As noted above, these are one-way trails. I've seen few close calls so make sure to move in the right direction.

The trail is stunning. I've hiked it at least 15 times and I am awed each time. From the Great Blue (and White) Herons to the remarkable serene lake views, Northshore is fantastic for photography as well as your spirit.

It was a very fun hike with my fiancé! We spent about 2 hours on the trail. Not a ton of elevation change. The section we hiked was mostly forested; not much view of the lake. We started at the Murrell Park entrance and hiked east and looped back. I will definitely be back to hike this trail more!

Great little trail. There's a free entrance to the trail at Murrell Park.

great to get away from dfw

Enjoyable trail but needs better markings/signage to move from one loop to another. saw a lot of trash by the shore. One spot had 10-12 empty beer cans and dozens of spent fireworks. The next time we go we will take trash sacks to help clean up.

North Shore is an oasis of calm in the midst or urban sprawl. One funny sight: one trail follows the back fences of homes. We saw a family enjoying their pool as we were 10 feet from their fence.

Great trail! It was quite long most of it seemed to be nicely isolated from hectic reality. the beginning of the trail was not very well established. More than a few times I was not sure if I was on the right path.

We went in at Rockledge and had a hard time finding the trail. I think we should have gone in on the other end. Once we did find it, it was not marked well and we got lost. There was also a lot of trash. Disappointing since we paid to get in. We will stick to the trails at Cedar Ridge or Arbor Hills. Much cleaner and marked.