Mud Creek Trail

Mud Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Good trail to use during the week. Not a bad little hike. Trail could stand to be marked better. Starts off up hill then right and across a rocky area. Cool sink hole if you look for it. Can be really muddy after rain. Hence the name Mud Creek!

Could use some trail marking. Some of the trails were washed away or brush is to high.
I would say it is more suitable as MBT over hiking

Has potential to be a good trail but the mosquitos were RELENTLESS and the cockleburs were too numerous for our dog to ignore. Had to carry her for a while to get through a certain section that was unbelievably bad. I pulled 84 out of my shoes! I might try this trail one more time in the dead of winter when we've had a freeze and I know both bugs and burs are dead.

LOVE this trail, well marked, many tangents, and goes through foresty areas straight outa a movie! Would have given it 5 stars but there's some poison oak :/

To the 1 star reviewer: it's muddy and rocky... really!? It's called MUD CREEK, and that was listed in the description...

The biggest problem is that trail is not marked at all flat rocky trail not very kept up but for a short workout not bad

Not a great trail, rocky, muddy and hard to follow

Perfect

I have just started trail running, and I really enjoyed this one. I thought it was a great option for those just starting out with trail running. My friend and I added about two miles of road running in the middle (ran a loop along the feeder road of 1604). We ended up with a total of 5 miles.

Too many walkers with unleashed dogs and none of them pick up their dog feces.

Good week use trail. Go when it hasn't been raining