Mother Neff State Park Trail

Mother Neff State Park Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oglesby, TX that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

old growth

Small park with a lot to offer!

My high rating is for the cleanliness of the park (trails and even the bathrooms). It is a very small area and you will not be spending all day at the park unless you are camping. But it is well worth the visit. I would suggest you pick up one of the trail maps at the main entrance. The trails can be a bit deceiving (or even unmarked - parking areas from the trail) and you will get the most out of your time. The Lost Trail is closed due to flooding (at the time of my review). Butterflies were abundant and were my highlight of the Prairie Trail.

Well marked and lots of cool points of interest!

Love to go out here on a beautiful day with a good book, pretty easy, flat trails.

Beautiful park. Easy trail. Don't forget to snap pics. As of 3/28/2016, entrance at Park Road 14 is closed off because of flooding. You'll need to enter through the main gate, $2 per adult for day use. Woman at the main desk was very helpful & marked areas on my map that I had asked in detail about. Very clean restrooms, but I only saw the ones at the main entrance. Definitely suggest using them before you head to the trails.

Had a nice time, decent trail.

Lots of fun, will do it again, don't forget to take pictures.

Attended the First Day Hike of 2016 sponsored by the Texas State Parks. It was a pretty cold morning, but after we got moving things warmed up a bit. Very enjoyable hike with about 100 other people turning out.

Easy trail, good for beginners, lots of interesting waypoints. Several short trails that can be combined to make a longer hike.

We were geocaching it was fun

Flooded area when visited

Nice park. Large section closed due to flooding.

This an easy hike with some fun geocaches along the way. It was partly under construction when I was out about a year ago.

Awesome place for hiking and camping. They just opened the primitive (water only) site again. We took our Trail Life Troop there for overnight and a nice hike. We will be back.

Beautiful Texas county

Great for families with young children. Unfortunately half of the trail was closed for construction when I went.

Great place nice trails in the shade.