Missions San Jose-Concepcion Out-&-Back

Missions San Jose-Concepcion Out-&-Back is a 7.5 mile out and back trail located near San Antonio, TX and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hike&Bike path along, 2 historic Spanish missions, gristmill, museum. Exit park museum/headquarters at Mission San Jose y San Miguel de Aguayo (Mission San Jose). Walk parkway. Cross Padre Dr to hike & bike sidewalk, goes through Padre Park to go along bluff on San Antonio River. Ruins of Hot Wells Hotel can be seen across River. Turn into Mission County Park on trial and continue. Under two bridges and by golfcourse. Over San Antonio River. 1936 wreath-and-star granite monument on right for site of Mission San Francisco Xavier de Najera. By Catholic school, Sutton Home, and Sts. Paul & Joseph children's home. At Mision Nuestra Senora de Concepcion (Mission Concepcion) tour mission and park office. Return by same route to San Jose. Not recommended for night walking, due to remoteness of areas of the trail and low economic conditions. Site of daily volkmarch YRE walk. Walk box at Rangers' desk in museum.

First time running these trails and loved it! Went around 7am only a few people were there but everyone is friendly and helped me choose the best route. Trails are safe and very well kept up with.

Walking path to see the missions. Very crowded and hot. Nice history.

Have some good walking shoes and bring a lot of water. I hiked 3 of the 5 and that was 10 miles. Do it early so the heat doesn't kill you and bring a camera.

A great way to see the missions. There is very little shade on this trail so it would not be a good trail to take during summer if you don't like the sweltering heat.

This is a paved trail ride without any off-road opportunities. However, if you want some good exercise and enjoy seeing a little history, it's a nice ride! I parked my car opposite the La Tuna restaurant and rode down from the Blue Point Arts District trailhead. It was a daily scenic albeit shadeless ride along the river on a hot summer day, so I was glad I had plenty of water. I toured the missions, cooled off in the museum and refilled my water bottles for the trip back. I ended my trip with some great fish tacos and a cold drink at La Tuna.

We biked along the Mission Trail that starts near Blue Star and goes along the San Antonio River. It was an easy, enjoyable ride and the best part of our trip.

This is a beautiful path through part of San Antonio you do normally see. This was a good easy path to bike/walk that has mile/tenth markers located in the walkway, very cool. You can do as much or as little as you like as it is great for exercising or just sitting and enjoying the weather or relaxing. Watching the different fowls was enjoyable as i rode by the river. This is perfect for families because you can travel to several of the missions and enjoy the ruins and there are picnic areas scattered along the way. There isn’t any shade so be careful during the heat of the day. There is an eco park that was very beautiful to walk through. I plan to go back and use this as an alternative walking/biking path. Very much recommend visiting this historic area.

A definite must do. We did all 5 missions by bike, went inside each Parish. I have hiked some of the trail too. San Jose is amazing! This gives you an imagination of what the Alamo was really like.

Love this place. Awesome trails for a beginner mountain Biker!

Did my first Bike ride at this place, we did about 13 miles, great smooth ride with lots of pavement, and up and down hills.

Ended up riding about 14 miles, out and back. It was a lot of fun and a pretty easy level ride, I used it as a break from mountain biking the day before. Even though there were lots of people the wide trail offers plenty of room. Other than a few inconsiderate Segway riders, I had no issues and really enjoyed the ride. Also, at the blue star brewery there is a sign that says no bikes.ignore it you can go right past it. The map right next to it shows you can keep riding.