McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail

McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great park for mountain biking. The blue loop is fairly easy; however, it can get tough during the summer months when temperatures soar and there is little shade. Plan to start early to beat the heat and the crowd.

Beautiful park but the blue loop is poorly marked. I had to use a combo of the orange and blue to get 5km's and ended up running that twice to get 10km's of running in.

This was my first time here and found it beautiful but as the day gets later it does get crowded. Get here early.

Love riding these trails

Twice my mom and I went out to this trail and twice we have gotten lost making what should have been maybe an hour of hiking a 3 hour hike. We are both Girl Scouts and we both regularly go hiking so it's not like we are unfamiliar with hiking trails. It is just so poorly marked and there are so many smaller trails that take off from this loop that it is easy to get turned around!

I love this place

Awesome as always!

Some trails in this park are nice and paved. Other trails are covered in fist sized rocks. A new visitor to the park might start down a good trail and end up twisting an ankle 2 miles in when they end up in one of those overly rocky trails.

It was a nice and friendly trail. Only complaint was that there was construction in the way and no markings on the trails. Besides that, I had a great time.