Martin Creek Lake State Park Trail

Martin Creek Lake State Park Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tatum, TX that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

canoeing

beach

A nice easy hike. Trail was well marked. Mud from all the rain in a couple of spots

Today I hiked two trails, "Old Henderson Rd Loop" and "Harmony Hill Loop".

I am not sure where the 6.0 mile hike is.

The Old Henderson Rd Loop was very well marked and matched the map at the trail head. It is basically a walk along part of the lake and thru the underbrush of the trees. Today the trail was well cleared, but I suspect that it can overgrow very fast. I found several numbered markers leading me to believe this trail was once better maintained. It was a nice hike but not very memorial, repeatable.

The Harmony Hill Loop was pretty much not marked. Not sure if I could follow it without looking at tracks uploaded by earlier hikers/bikers. Towards the end, the trail disappeared close to the park road and we jumped off. The parts that were identifiable were cleared. A pretty nice hike though the underbrush, but again, not memorable, repeatable.

I never did find the 6 mile loop. Finally found the trail and it looped around to being maybe 2 miles. No clue where the rest of it was. At one point I thought I was on the trail as I went in where it said but all I did was walk through the campground. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

I was VERY disappointed with the condition of the bike trails: (1) the main trail was incredibly overgrown and we had to turn back several times, (2) the trails are so poorly marked, it is impossible to find most of the trailheads, and (3) what is shown on the official park map and the reality on the ground is miles apart. However, there is a nice trail on the island....

I was kinda disappointed with the condition of the trails. Need maintained, not impressed.

This is an OK place to walk if you live in the area. I wouldn't drive a long way to get here, especially just for the trails. When I entered, the park ranger told me a lot of the 6 mile trail had grown up and was no longer accessible. I was able to squeeze 3 miles out of some trails, combined with some walking down paved roads. The lake is nice but has a huge power plant on it. I took my kids and we had a good time, but I drove about 100 miles to get to the park. I probably won't go there again, to be honest.

Did this trail yesterday! It takes a good hour-hour and a half to finish by foot. It is six miles. It's not a well maintained trail but to me, that made it exiting.. Not knowing what's up ahead. The trails are clear, but there are trees down. I'd recommend a good pair of walking shoes and plenty of water.

It took me 40 minutes on my bike from Lake Cherokee to Marin Creek Lake. Very easy to find. Smaller park compared with Tyler with two separate hiking and biking trails that intertwine with each other. Good for all riders. My wife was with me and she made it all the way although was pretty tired at the end. It took us about 40 minutes but we made a few shortcuts. It has not been kept well though. There are a couple of places where you would have to carry your bike over logs and creeks. Has a few decent technical sections. Mostly flat wooded area. Still some to be explored next time. Would like to offer local rangers help with clearing it up.