Enchanted Rock Loop Trail

Enchanted Rock Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fredericksburg, TX that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from September until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enchanted Rock Loop is a 4.1 mile trail located near Fredericksburg, Texas. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Note: Dogs are not allowed on the rock itself - only the trail loop.

Awesome Spiritual Hike for me

Very cool formation, nice offshoots, fun for kids, great town!

Cooked my lunch at the top with my camp stove. Nice climb

loved the view from almost up top. it was too high for me :/ and was too tired due to us getting lost for 1/2 mile...the trail is nice and calm early in the morning lots of tiny frogs, birds, and squirrels and not to mention lizards. we had a fun time but definitely would of been better in the winter.

Had a great time! Beautiful views from the top.

This trail is lovely, go early and enjoy the quiet!

Great trail. Clearly marked, with several map check locations.

Very easy and long trail. Great for circumnavigating the rock. It offers pretty scenery all around. Highly recommend the summit as opposed to just the loop trail if you want a lovely view.

This was my 3rd trip to Enchanted Rock. It's great for any skill level.

Great scenery! Go early; park tends to fill up on weekends plus it can get hot!

great trail. do this and walk to the top of enchanted rick, great workout!

Great park, beautiful walk around the granite 'enchanted' hill. On the back side of the trail there are rest areas, and compost restrooms. A lot of fun.

May be the roughest hike I've ever done - but I so want to do it again! We went the week of Easter and saw all the Spring flowers in bloom - cactus roses, bluebonnets everywhere along the trail and many blooming up on the heart of Texas itself! Simply breathtaking place to be! I am only giving 4 stars because the trail is not marked well, the map compared to the trail is confused and a rock climber warned us it was indeed mixed up so yeah, we got off trail a ways. Do not want to do that in August heat! Also 4 stars because the one porta potty we saw on the trail was sorely neglected, other hikers are not very conscientious!

The trail is great! We went yesterday and it was sunny and humid so be forewarned that this trail has minimum shade! So a hat and cool clothing is a must! We saw a lot of cool lizards slithering on and off the trails which was neat and lots of shrimp and frogs in the streams! The trail has some elevation changes and you get to see the rock from every angle as you go around it which is really cool! We had our dog with us and dogs are not allowed on the rock itself only the trail loop so make sure you plan ahead if you want to hike to the peak. Also we arrived at 1:30pm and the park was closed due to it reaching capacity (reopened at 2pm) so try to get there early if possible. Overall pretty challenging hike in the heat so drink a ton of water! We tracked it on our fitness trackers and it took us 1:55 mins with multiple breaks along the 4.25 miles. Enjoy!