Lake Somerville Trail

Lake Somerville Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Somerville, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lake Somerville State Park Trailway is a 26 mile out and back trail located near Somerville, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Not the best. The trail was disappointingly short and swampy as most of it was flooded when I went, and be sure to watch out for the wild boars! All in all, it wasn't worth the trip for me. But admission was free and if you're looking for an easy (and short) hike, this may be the trail for you.

It's been a while since I rode this trail (2 years), so some of the trail features might be different. The trail is 13 miles between each unit (Birch Creek and Nails Creek). No doubt it's long and I rode on a 100 degree day. Plan for lots of water. I ran out, however I got a couple of bottles at the parks office vending machine for the ride back. Most of the trail is double track and most of it's flat. No challenges with rocks. However, dry sand was a problem. I would recommend this track for a long haul ride.