Lake Mineral Wells Trail

Lake Mineral Wells Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mineral Wells, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Directions from Mineral Wells, TX: Travel 4 miles east on US Highway 180 or 14 miles west of Weatherford on US Highway 180

Red trail provided decent terrain and cool climbing rocks along trail. Not particularly challenging or long, but a nice way to start off a Sunday morning. On its own, not really worth the $7 entrance fee to the park, although the corsstimbers trails were closed due to rain. Took my dog and she loved it.

not a huge fan of the actual trail. not much too see if walking, I do believe this serves better as a horse trail. lots of soft sand and no shade. the park itself is nice and the rock climbing area is great.

Great trail

rock climbing

I love this park! I went with a rock climbing group and we encountered many friendly people. Dogs are allowed. Not too crowded. Very well-kept park.

best trail in the Fort Worth area. It's hard to believe this type of park is so close to DFW. Very clearly marked and cleared trails, LOTS of rocka for climbing of all skill sets. My boys (both less than 5) loved climbing around on all the formations around penitentiary hollow. Definitely gonna make this a regular destination!

It was amazing!!!! I am definitely going back!! Amazing for camping too

Well maintained rail-trail. Crushed stone construction. Portions of the trail closed due to storm damage. Easy hike. Kid and dog friendly. Wildlife viewing (quail and turkey). Bring plenty of water and bug spray during the hot months.

Really pretty me and my husband loved it!!! Highly recommended

the trails are closed after hard rains to keep erosion down and because they can't get vehicles back there in an emergency. it's best to call ahead in the rainy season to see if they are open; it can take a while for the trails to dry out properly.

Mountain biking & hiking. Beautiful. Had my first night ride here. Great fun! Saw a pack of wild boar, turkey & deer. The MTBiking is easy, lots of jeep trail. Some sandy sections. Single track. One section at farthest point on trail map, is more technical. Climb, descent & rocks!

Cardio baby!!

The wife and I did 14 miles for 2014, Jan 1. Started at the trail head in Weatherford and hiked to Mineral Wells State Park. Nice walk but and not too difficult.

I hiked from garner west to lake mineral wells state park. I really like the flat and soft surface allows you to look around and up when walking, not down at surface. I wish there was more shade. And the portion I walked had a road beside it the entire time. I saw many lively rabbits and cardinals.

I parked car at garner and hiked trail way to park. The rock climbing hollow was unique. On the other side of the lake are most of the hiking trails. The park ranger told me they were closed due to rain, but I hiked them anyway. Pretty, varied terrain. Very isolated after crowds in the lake area. The primitive camping area was a big letdown.

We weren't able to hike the main trails, but we did walk throughout the rest of the park (more near the rock climbing areas). The trails were well marked, and the view of the lake was amazing! This park has many things to do, canoeing, camping, hiking, rock climbing. You can rent a canoe from them for $25/hr or $45/4 hrs. They don't let you rent on Thursday though, just fyi if you plan to camp here!

Easy trail. Very quiet. Nice little out and about. Not much to see at this time of year but still nice to get away from the crowds.

My family of four spent the entire Saturday 04/05/14 hiking and wondering around.... Had an amazing time.... We'll define tilt go back during Spring or Winter.

The main trail is not great for mtb. A lot of deep sand and loose rocks. If you ride it prepare for suffering. Enjoyed the park and camping though.

Great trail

Very cool daytrip from DFW. Hike back to primitive camping area is quiet.