Knob Hills Trail

Knob Hills Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roanoke, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

bridge out

19 minutes ago

great trail for biking or hiking. did not expect much when initially pulling up, but pleasantly surprised at how much trail is actually there.

Easy walk in, moderate walk out. First trail in awhile so it challenged me. I enjoyed the views and nature and how close to home this trail was. I'll be back.

Only the second trail I have done but it was great to break away from the streets. I will go back. Only one biker at 10:30 a.m.

Ok but watch out for bicycles. Hot in late spring to late September.

trail closed today. 4/15/16
DORBA maintains the trail really good job. but they are a off road bike club and close it to keep bikes off it. unfortunately it shuts out hikers too.
DORBA.org list alot of closed trails in this area.
wear bright clothes on the trail...quite a few hunters this morning.

I tried to go run the trail today (3/26/16) and it is still closed. Some fishermen told me the lake is so high that it goes over the trail. Until the lake goes down, the trail won't be open, unfortunately.

Does anyone know what the trail conditions are like currently? 3/20/16

As of 1/12/16 the trail is still closed due to mud.

Currently closed due to recent flooding. Doesn't look like it'll open anytime soon

Trail is now open again as of last week.

This is a great trail, but please remember that the trail is currently closed to all traffic due to flooding. Using it now will damage it further. Trail work will begin sometime in the fall.

I loved the beautiful wildflowers. The trail did not have much traffic, which is a great relief considering how most of the trails around here are right the opposite. There were a few hills. I would say this is a great hike for any beginner. Make sure you pack plenty of water and bug spray!

We use this trail a lot. It's nice but the mountain bikers are all over the trail

Even though road traffic is audible, it still feels like getting away. I liked the riverbank trail and the relative lack of other people.

From 377 I ran out 3 and back. Great trail. Well marked. Some changes in terrain and scenery. Not too crowded. I saw about 6 people in an hour. Great views of river. Nice surface for running.

Great trail for all skill levels! It takes me about 50 min to complete the entire 10 miles! WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES AND OTHER RIDERS due to two way traffic! (trail is not labeled well you may get turned around if your new)

I liked this trail for the speed you get for most of the trail. The scenery varies from wooded area to open and slight hills! I had a good time on this trail but IMO there are much better options. I DO NOT like the two way traffic as I almost hit another biker head on around a blind corner. Be careful and loose the earbuds. I prefer single track. Not very well marked, I took a path and ended up on a roadway, used GPS to get back on track.

I am new to the DFW area and have mountain biked several trails around the metroplex. Knob hills is one of my favorites. Offers a good workout in the beginning and end on the singletrack a long flat in the middle lets you open it up a little.The trail is well maintained and a new section opened up a few days ago. The new area offers a few drops and climbs and a lot of turns definitely added some fun to the trail. Will continue to use this trail as it is not real crowded(yet). Good for beginners and intermediate riders.

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail due to the speed I was able to catch. be careful if mapping from the dorba website as it will take you to a different entrance.

I completed the 14 miles in 1.5 hours and stopped about 3 times.

Do be careful as several passages are 2 way and if you're the type to listen to music with both earphones you may not hear the other bikers coming.

much further out in comparison to northshore and horseshoe but worth the drive.

Out and back trail for bikes. Both ends of trail have some good hills rocks roots etc. The middle section is flat. Not as challenging as northshore but much less crowded.