Jack Brooks Park Trail

Jack Brooks Park Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Hitchcock, TX and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

maybe it is because I have a lot in Austin in other places of Texas that are just a lot prettier. However to me this Trail was a joke. A lot of the trails are completely washed out and bridges were also washed out and just set to the side. there was also nothing really hard about this Trail either so I don't understand why people are marking it as hard.

Just posting this as a heads up. The trail had a lot of low spots and soft ground. If
It's rained recently this place is totally washed out. I'm from further south where there's more rock and when I got here I couldn't even ride because the ground was too soft. I explored the trails and they seem really good! Also very safe places to park!! Finding safe parking spots seem to be an issue with a lot of trails in Texas.

Only go if has been very dry!

Very hard hiking, the trails were poorly marked, could barely find my way out, but had a good time! Will be back but not until fall!

Soo much fun great trail definitely going back

bring mosquito spray!!! and prepare for mud in the shaded spots or on cloudy days.

I really enjoyed this trail once the sun came up. We ran the first section with headlamps and it had a few too many roots and bike tire tracks for me to enjoy while it was still dark. It was much more enjoyable AFTER sunrise.

Really enjoyed it! Took our 10 yr old daughter and she loved it. Pack mosquito spray & bottle water.

The advanced trails are challenging. Frequent short climbs made all the more challenging by exposed tree roots and sharp turns that demand you are on your game at all times. The mosquito's can be really nasty though so bring your bug spray!

Little gem within city limits to make you feel like you're out in the country. I've biked and ran it, and run the trails "backwards" as a courtesy to bikers. Cheers!

I was really surprised by this trail system. This place is great.

Great park for trail running, lots of roots though. As good as it gets in the Houston area.

Very technical, defiantly not for the the beginner..... Trails are amazing! Dropped one star for the obscene amount of exposed roots, gets a bit dangerous on your uphill climbs with 5+inches of exposed root. You can't find mtb like this anywhere else in Houston!

i give it 4 stars because its a combination of all levels of skills from easy to technical which is awensome, there are also teeters, flat planks, wooden tracks and jump ramps that add more fun to the ride. Minus 1 star because theres alot of exposed roots, trillions of mosquitos and crazy ants... otherwise jack brooks is one of my favorite top 3 Houston-Area MTB Tracks.

Muddy in the flats, otherwise a great trail. Hell 2 was a great ride!

First time out there was a bit dicey but enjoyed it. Lots of friendly folks willing to share there knowledge with the novice riders like myself. Will go back many times because I live less than a mile away. YEAH BUDDY!