I-20 Wildlife Preserve

I-20 Wildlife Preserve is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Midland, TX that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Opened in late 2012. Nice 1.2 mile trail with pond and trees in the middle of an industrial area of Midland TX

Best place in Midland to run/walk especially during evenings when cooler. Unexpected pond and greenery in desolate Midland, Tx.

For Midland... 5 stars. As good as it gets (in Midland) Nice to go around sunset. Saw a huge ass spider! Lots of birds. We saw one tree with red leafs and a Cardinal.

I am glad I went with my family but seeing as we drove 1.5 hours to get there once was enough. Definitely check it out if you're in the area. If I lived in Midland my family would go more often.

middle of town and stones - throw for a major high way is a great bird watching site with great bird - blinds

Prettiest place in midland. Nice get away from the flatness. Trees and water and slight elevation change. Nice 1.25 paved trail around a lake.

A nice walk at lunchtime.

This was built for flood control. Heavy rains in town flooded the suburban area below it. A dam was built that caught the excess runoff, and released it slowly to keep the lower area from flooding. This created a small lake that attracts many birds and other wildlife. The dam is just north of Interstate 20, west of MM 134.