Lake Grapevine Horseshoe Trail

Lake Grapevine Horseshoe Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grapevine, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great morning hike. The trails were marked well for hikers and cyclists. Had a water station-dog friendly. Good views of the lake and picnic tables.

My son and I hit this trail today and loved it. There is a good mix of terrain and a couple pucker moments but tons of fun!

This was a great way to spend the morning with my dogs! Sandy paths and lots of shade! Very quiet on a Thursday morning. I only saw people in the parking area. Will be back!

Walking, hiking, running - have nice paved trails with beautiful trees to give shade and trails that are used by hikers and bikers. When I went I only saw two other people walking and half a dozen bikers. They also have a little dog park with a pond. No entrance fee and tons of parking.

Fun trail. A mix of paved and off road hiking. Nice park benches and garbage cans for your empty water bottles. Nice views of the lake. Jump in for a swim like I did!

Amazing mountain bike trail

midweek. little more for traffic. very humid, and a little warm (85). great stress relief.

My first time on the trail, so I went about it very casually, taking lots of pictures and enjoying the view of the lake. Foot traffic was light-moderate on this Sunday morning, under cloudy skies, and after recent rains.

The trail is only a mile from my house, so this will probably be my regular ride in the evenings during the week, just before beer:30.

great and clean but trail signs are worthless. Bike path runs opposite and same path as the pedestrian trail so keep an eye out.

This is a great beginner trail for MTB. It seems like DORBA has done a great job maintaining the trails after all the rain we e gotten recently and put up some temp bypass signs to avoid some of the flooding. This was my first time here but will definitely be back soon

Great trail and well maintained with good challenges

I went trail running on 3/22/16 and found myself having to stop at a dead end a few times due to flooding, but other then that it was all good.

I ran 10 miles on 3/27/16 on the singletrack trail. It was well marked and easy to follow but the high water made it difficult in spots. I had to turn around a few times because the trail would dead end at the water.

Overall a good trail but it was difficult to get miles in because of the high water. I just found a few good loops to repeat until I got in the distance I wanted.

It's more a dog park I think because there was lots of poop everywhere.

I needed to take advantage of a great day, but only had about 2 hours left before the sun would start to set so I headed to this local trail that I had seen from the road but had never explored. The Horseshoe Trail is a system of both paved path and dirt trails that take great advantage of land space that is available between the homes and the Lake Grapevine flood plane.

I started out by following the paved path. The trail is wide and easily accessible to all. It was a great spot for some fast paced walking, right up to the point that the trail was covered by water. Lake Grapevine is currently at flood stage and just past the one mile park on the main trail I ran into the lake, literally.

I tried to take one of the mountain bikes around the water, and just came across more water. So, if Lake Grapevine is flooding know that you will likely have your hike/walk/bike ride cut short.

On the way back I tried to weave my way back on the Mountain Biking trails and once again came across water that was too deep and wide to navigate around. The dirt trail system looks like it is a great place to ride some circuits on a mountain bike.

I will defiantly come back to hike the complete trail, once the water levels are down on the lake.

Trail is back open after the spring floods, and you'd never know it ever flooded! Good place to hone your skills as an advanced-beginner to intermediate level MTB'er. It's got just enough roots, rocks, punchy climbs, and short descents to keep you interested, but not so much to discourage the less experienced rider to get out and enjoy. Try it, you will enjoy.