Horse Shoe Lake Loop

Horse Shoe Lake Loop is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Damon, TX and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Foot trail along Horse Shoe Lake, plenty of gators sleeping along trail This is a flat land hike. The only elivation gain is up and down a 30 foot tower overlooking the 40 acre lake. There is plenty of wild life, dear, squirls, rabbits, birds, and yes, plenty of gators. Babies to full grown adults. Just give them about a 20 foot seperation as you walk past them on the trail. Never approach nor step over one.

Beautiful.

I find this to be a somewhat overrated ride. Unless you have a real fascination with large carnivorous reptiles, find another park to go to. I realize that it may have it's own beauty but, I've been there a few times and each time I went I wondered why I even bothered. I certainly wouldn't take my young kids there as you can get too close for comfort to the gators and if you know anything about them, you know there is no outrunning them easily. These are just my opinions. Thanks.

One of many great trails in the park. We did not see any gators on this one, but it was nice. Great for hiking or biking. When biking, I suggest planning your route to connect to other trails and make a big loop.