Eisenhower Park Hill View Trail

Eisenhower Park Hill View Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, TX and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from April until October.

trails are well marked, maps are provided, bathrooms available and lots of trail variety.

We take our dogs here often for a little walk. Moderately busy. Grounds workers are always on mules on the paved trails it seems. The trails are very well kept as a result though.

it's a nice trail.

Nice place to have a little hike with the family and grill burgers after. There is decent topographic variation, albeit short. Great little park near town. Free. Open until dusk.

Beautiful scenery. Peaceful and had a nice breeze. I will defiantly visit again.

Great trail and very scenic!!

Great!!! The dogs loved it

I usually trail run this park it's my favorite. It can be a tough hike depending on which trail you choose but definitely worth it when you reach the top and catch a breathe in the Observation Tower. I would recommend!

Challenging beautiful but worth it. Trail is rated at level 4 but parts of it you shouldn't do without right shoes and trekking pole. Good work out.

Nice, easy to moderate trail. Not much shade, so the sun can be pretty intense on a summer afternoon. But there are some fantastic views! Not very crowded either (last Sunday afternoon, I only came across 4 people along the whole trail).
Nice way to get some good quality time with nature :-)

The trail was fun to hike and my mom, brothers, and I thought it was fun. Only thing was we didn't get to see any bunnies or even squirrels all we saw was plants and vultures:( the hike was still fun and easy though :)

Watch out for snakes! I came across a 3ft rattler on this trail. The trail is clearly marked that wildlife is present. So I took the risk. I'm glad the snake gave me a good 5-6ft warning with its rattle. I have warnings to fellow hikers I met on my way back to the trailhead. I also saw a couple of bunnies, a few lizards and two squirrels. :-)

The hike has some shade but not nearly enough. I was hiking between 8:30-10 and it was boiling in this hot summer July morning. I've tried this park twice bc it's my motto - "Try everything...twice" but this last snake experience coupled with the lack of shade has made me decide this might be my final time. However, th at being said, I love hiking, but can be a wuss when it comes to nature. So don't let my experience deter you. If you like the more natural experience this is for you.

FYI, the difficulty is fairly easy to slightly moderate. Terrain isn't too insane.

The park is very well maintained, and nicely marked! Traffic is little high but the views are breath-taking! From one place we had a view of entire city of San Antonio, the downtown looked tiny, like a small cardboard model of the big city. It was not difficult, but provided juts a little bit thrill to climb to. Overall, its an enjoyable hike!

Great hiking trails for a morning out. Friedrich Wilderness Park is a little more scenic, bit this park is larger and a nice change of pace. Worth a trip to check it out.