Great Hills Park Trail

Great Hills Park Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Austin, TX that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Surprisingly beautiful and secluded in the middle of the city!

Totally acceptable nature walk in town. Great to get a couple miles in, or more if you have to retrace your steps to find your phone (like I did). I definitely recommend parking at the Fox Way trailhead. There's a cul de sac, and as previously mentioned, a trash can here and as far as I could tell, the only place to park a car. I encountered one other person on a Wednesday morning, some squirrels, butterflies and mosquitoes. It was lovely and aok!

For those to whom it matters, I had full cell service on AT&T the entire time.

Went with my 7 and 4yo (plus our dog). Once we found the right trial it was excellent, it crosses the creek several times, went early Friday morning, wasn't busy. Very "rocky" but well maintained and shaded completely... We entered from Floral (wish they'd add a trash can at this entrance) but will park on Foxs way next time!

Relaxing

Loved it. Varied scenery, moderate shade, great terrain.

Biggest complaint. Too short. Great little hike.

Relaxing

Fun!

I suggest good shoes because it is rocky 75% of the time. Nice spots to cross the creek and pretty flowers and lots of white tail deer.

You can park at the cul de sac on Fox Way Dr.

Great trail. Inside woods, crosses over creek many times. Well maintained.

Awesome

Nice trail, wooded and shady. Offers good seclusion from the surrounding neighborhood. Not too crowded and lots of quiet time on the trail on a Sunday afternoon.

eh...

So close to my home, I am so happy to have found a peaceful hiking trail in the city. My dog and I both love it. ( I'm almost afraid to leave a good review, I don't want too many people to discover it!)

Quiet & great for kids. It is best early in the morning to see wildlife.

Very nice nearby trail system