Great Hills Park Trail

Great Hills Park Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

I was surprised at how lovely I found this. Shaded. Lots of entrances. 2.9 miles if you connect all of the dots.

Very nice close in trail system. Rugged enough to give you a good work out.

Surprisingly beautiful and secluded in the middle of the city!

Totally acceptable nature walk in town. Great to get a couple miles in, or more if you have to retrace your steps to find your phone (like I did). I definitely recommend parking at the Fox Way trailhead. There's a cul de sac, and as previously mentioned, a trash can here and as far as I could tell, the only place to park a car. I encountered one other person on a Wednesday morning, some squirrels, butterflies and mosquitoes. It was lovely and aok!

For those to whom it matters, I had full cell service on AT&T the entire time.

Went with my 7 and 4yo (plus our dog). Once we found the right trial it was excellent, it crosses the creek several times, went early Friday morning, wasn't busy. Very "rocky" but well maintained and shaded completely... We entered from Floral (wish they'd add a trash can at this entrance) but will park on Foxs way next time!