Tom Mays Nature Walk

Tom Mays Nature Walk is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near El Paso, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short hike on excellant trails with signs naming plants. Cross the paved road from the parking area. Find the trail that crosses the bridge. Across the bridge there is a large clearing with benches for scout classes and nature talks. There are two trails on the left. Take either one. You will return out the other. I prefer the left-most trail to start. This trail is great for dogs, small children, and inexperienced hikers. Bring Grandma too.

Pretty short and little elevation climb so it's great for small kids and those who may not be regular walkers. Plenty of birds, flowers, and lizards to watch along the way.

we didn't even walk the trail because it's $5.00 per person to just get in :(

If you are already there I would check out this easy trail. My daughter enjoyed finding all the little geckos and Sitting in the hut to watch the birds in.

Nice and easy trail. I had my 4 yr old and 9 yr old and they loved this trail. I loved the bird blind to watch all the birds feed.

This is a great easy walk. Perfect for kids or an evening stroll. There's even a bird blind with guides & seats to watch a bird feeding area. I have an annual state park pass so I love coming to this blind for a morning of birding.