Dry Comal Creek

Dry Comal Creek is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near New Braunfels, TX that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

The trail has lots of forks but isn't well marked. We just wandered around and the kids had a good time. I know there are plans to do some maintenance on this trail and that will definitely help.

Great place to hit the trails on two wheels

I use to go to this trail all the time since it is so close to my house and loved it. Recently they've been doing some type of project and cutting down trees over there and putting down mulch and I haven't gone since. The feeling of being in nature is almost completely gone. Very disappointed.

This is a small, easy trail that follows a single track, mostly mud based. It just rained two days ago, but it was easy to step to the side and walk around the puddles and my shoes aren't muddy, so don't let that stop you from doing this trail. Don't expect to see big scenes, but come here to just pause along the trail and appreciate the small views beneath the canopy of trees, like sunlit Spanish moss hanging from massive oaks along the creek bed. The New Braunfels park and rec has done a great job leaving it just rough enough to maintain that nature feel but the trails are clearly visible. It doesn't feel like "2.5 miles", but that's what officially listed for the full loop. Panther Canyon feels longer at 0.8 miles. If your into birds, bring binoculars. When you stop for a minute along the trail, you'll begin to realize there's hundreds of them all over, but you'll miss it if you don't listen for it. I was here on Sunday and only saw one other couple on the trail walking quietly. It was a nice change from the droves of people, kids whining and dogs barking at Panther Canyon.

Nice short easy trail for beginners. City is trying to secure creek easements to bring trail to Town Center and on to Wurstfest / Landa Park Area. That'll be awesome! In the meantime, enjoy!

Having living a great portion of my life in Colorado and most years of my life riding road bikes with many times riding over 4K miles in a year and my only real mtn bike experience was on cat trails in the summer at ski resorts, I will tell you that what seems easy to a skilled mtn cyclist may raise the heart rate of the beginner. This was only second time out on new bike off road and there were parts of this that I had no clue how to deal with like slanted roots with rocks immediately following, sharp turns into rock covered gullies and sharp turns with soft dirt and "mulch" around path etc. It is a great place to learn, never too far from where medics can get to you, they even mark some of the trees that have taken out fellow cyclists with nice ribbons.

No one would ever say I was the smartest person that they had ever met, but my take away from this was that maybe I should have read "Mtn Biking for Dummies" before heading out. It is disconcerting to say the least when you head up a short hill and your back tire breaks free. Spinning rear tires on mtn bikes is not nearly as fun as motorcycles. It only took twice, but that is 2 times too many for me to realize, lean back dummy, put that fat to some good use. Problem solved. There are many other issues that this area is great for learning, pedals hitting tree stumps and front tires sliding on roots and tight turns. So I guess it is for beginners cause you gotta learn somewhere. Can't wait to see what treats the intermediate trails have in store.

Nice trail for beginners and kids. We went on March 11th and it looks as though they are doing brush cleanup.

I love this little trail! It's nice and easy, perfect for introducing your friends to the trails. Yes, it does get muddy, but places with dirt usually get muddy after it rains. I like to run it when I have a short amount of time but don't want to run a road. Also, in response to the maintenance, there are two ladies who volunteer to keep it nice and maintained - an elderly lady who appears to be coming back from illness and her middle aged daughter. I think what they do is great and appreciate it greatly.

Not maintained and very overgrown. Don't go there after a rain (the mud will stick to your shoes like cement blocks). Also, mosquitoes were bad.

Good to use if you happen to be at the baseball/softball fields, but not as a sole destination.

Very easy trail. Not well maintained, but that adds to the trails intrigue. Great for pets as well.

often overgrown, it wraps around the softball fields and is rarely maintained.