Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails

Dinosaur Valley State Park Hiking Trails is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Rose, TX that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from November until April.

Directions from Glen Rose, TX: Travel 4 miles west. Take US Highway 67 to FM 205 for 4 miles to Park Road 59; then go one mile to the headquarters. There is an honor box located at headquarters for collecting fees after office hours.

spent the day with my family here everyone enjoyed every aspect of the trail

Really enjoyed this trail! Great overlook and had fun playing in the river. Will definitely go again!

Great place to camp!

Most of the 8 or 9 trails here are moderate and most are mountain bike friendly. The South Eastern trails aren't well covered and get hot during the afternoon.

Trails are exceptional for trail running.

Beautiful scenery. Dinosaur tracks are visible when the river is low.

Beautiful hike, with varying challenges including crossing a creek on partially exposed rocks, steep climbs at some points, and dinosaur tracks along the way. The cool thing about this site is that it can as challenging as you want it to be. I took my 4 year old with me (her first hike with daddy) and she was unstoppable! A tourist destination so expect people, and great place to have a picnic.

Beautiful November hike! Live in Dallas and enjoyed heading out of the city and to Glen Rose. The trip to Glen Rose was about 1.5+ hours each way. Hiked the Cedar Brake Outer Loop. Nice workout with the elevation changes and beautiful scenery. Wear your hiking boots or a shoe with good traction--the limestone and rocks on the dirt trail (or exploring the track sites) creates shifting/slick surfaces. Nice overlooks and lots of interesting cactus with red fruit. The track sites are congested with kids but we only met a couple other people on the hike and it was nice and quiet. Very peaceful. Outer loop is about 8 miles plus, depending on where you park your car, you will need to take some other trails to get back to where you started. Admission is $7/person. Stop at the gift shop for a dinosaur t-shirt!

Wonderful trails! Hiked the cedar brake outer loop (~7.5mi.) then connected to two of the shorter inner trails to finish up and get some good views of sauropod and theropod tracks. Decent elevation changes provide a good workout, but I suggest taking your time to soak in the scenery and rummage around for fossils and tracks.

Outstanding!!! Between the history of the Dino tracks, the awesome scenery, and the great trails, I would put this in my top THREE favorite Mountain Bike destinations! Copper Harbor, MI is my favorite, that being said this place is awesome! I took the outer (dorba) loop about 7-8 miles and then did three of the inner loops for a total of about 15 miles. It hit triple digits that day and I went through 120 oz. of water! Be prepared for your trip. Highly recommend this place!!!!!

Love this place. Great trail, and great scenic views. Worth going back.

I absolutely LOVE this place! The trails are fun and provide a challenge. Much of the time we trek up the river bed whether its full or dry. Ultimately I prefer the park in early spring when the river has enough water to prevent it from standing, and it is far less crowded since many groups show up for the thrill of Dino Prints.

Kids absolutely LOVE it too!!

This is a very fun hike for all ages. Each time I've done it, it was overnight. There are some nice spots to camp if you decide to do so. The dinosaur tracks are an added bonus to a very nice relaxed hike. I'll continue to visit going forward as this is one of the more enjoyable hikes near DFW.

Was beautiful! Came across two very large snakes many large spiders but the scenery was worth it.

Great place for a family or couple. We went early in the morning and took the long trail around (blue I think?). Mostly dirt pack with field stones. Few good hills, rises, etc. some views were better then others but it's really neat to think about what's been there before you. Overall a great example of what I would call Texas hill country. Go early or the heat will force you to leave too! Course since you're in TX you already know that.

I give the whole trail system 5 stars because there are so many varied trails winding, ascending, descending, through creek beds, trees, open grass, across the Paluxy River etc. Great terrain. Lots to see. Many rabbit trails to wonder off and explore! Lots of shade, a few great views and vistas. I have hiked and mountain biked these trails. Excellent for both. Enjoy God's great outdoors!

While we spent most of our time around the river, my family loved the option of getting wet anytime the trail got to hot. There are a few spots off the beaten path that are some what tricky, but the adventure was fun.