Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail

Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Belton, TX that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

cave

bridge out

old growth

Chalk Ridge Falls is a great park with a huge area for trails and recreation. Unfortunately, like all TWPC parks, it is posted no alcahol or animals. We have laid several hash trails in and around the park with great success. The trails are actually very fun for this style of running the trail. There is a lot of washed out places around the river which make it good for running a hash trail.

Not a bad run, the trail gets really tight after about .75 mile close to the river. Thorn bushes are pretty bad, a few downed trees that can be hopped over while running. There are sections with washed out stairs, the suspension bridge is a little odd to jog over. Overall not terrible but Dana Peak is much nicer with more area to run.

A good morning stroll especially witb no one else on trail.

Trail is relaxing and (mostly) well maintained. Markers kind of 'disappear' towards the end. A good beginner/light trail with some 'side quests' for those that want to explore. Well worth a visit for anyone that wants to do an afternoon stroll and relax. Even if the parking lot is full....you will find some quiet time on the trails.

Amazing trail.... definitely going back...

Love the waterfall, and the bridges. Get off the beaten path to see some beautiful views.

if you just follow the path you will not be able to appreciate the full beauty of the hike. I got some really amazing photos and just had a really great time when I also went off path and took the paths that where really less traveled. it was a really good time though, and I look forward to coming back.

Trail was so over grown I couldn't pass because I couldn't tell where the trail started back up however I did start heading back and created my own adventure and had lots of fun with a friend.

great hiking and fishing...

Great spot to explore. It's a bit crowded at times, but the bridges and trails make the trip well worth the time.

Decent place. Lots of people swimming in the creek. Easy walk for the kids.

I was going to rate this trail as a three star, but as I was heading back to the parking lot I stumbled upon a little side trail that led up stream (along the stream). Despite being in a relative draught, there were several natural waterfalls. I crisscrossed my way upstream for about a 3/4 of a mile.... Until I had the choice of getting soaked, or heading back. Great workout. 4 stars. Let the weekend begin!

Awesome! Perfect hike, had nice resting spots and pools you could cool down in, dogs are allowed but must be on a leash

Dogs are now allowed but must be on a leash. Before you get to the first set of stairs, take the trail to the right and follow the stream to the caves, very cool.

it was great to hike and then take a little dip in the stream, but there was a lot of trash. That did ruin my good time though.

It was a beautiful day! Things were overgrown but still a nice trail. People were fishing and kids were swimming. The toilets were gross and trash was overflowing but the trail itself was perfect. We will definitely do this trail again.

Memorial Day so it was packed but it was a beautiful hike. Unfortunately a little trashed but not as bad as I had expected from other reviews.