Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail

Chalk Ridge Falls Park Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Belton, TX that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

cave

bridge out

old growth

Chalk Ridge Falls is a great park with a huge area for trails and recreation. Unfortunately, like all TWPC parks, it is posted no alcahol or animals. We have laid several hash trails in and around the park with great success. The trails are actually very fun for this style of running the trail. There is a lot of washed out places around the river which make it good for running a hash trail.

if you just follow the path you will not be able to appreciate the full beauty of the hike. I got some really amazing photos and just had a really great time when I also went off path and took the paths that where really less traveled. it was a really good time though, and I look forward to coming back.

Trail was so over grown I couldn't pass because I couldn't tell where the trail started back up however I did start heading back and created my own adventure and had lots of fun with a friend.

great hiking and fishing...

Great spot to explore. It's a bit crowded at times, but the bridges and trails make the trip well worth the time.

Decent place. Lots of people swimming in the creek. Easy walk for the kids.

I was going to rate this trail as a three star, but as I was heading back to the parking lot I stumbled upon a little side trail that led up stream (along the stream). Despite being in a relative draught, there were several natural waterfalls. I crisscrossed my way upstream for about a 3/4 of a mile.... Until I had the choice of getting soaked, or heading back. Great workout. 4 stars. Let the weekend begin!

Awesome! Perfect hike, had nice resting spots and pools you could cool down in, dogs are allowed but must be on a leash

Dogs are now allowed but must be on a leash. Before you get to the first set of stairs, take the trail to the right and follow the stream to the caves, very cool.

it was great to hike and then take a little dip in the stream, but there was a lot of trash. That did ruin my good time though.

It was a beautiful day! Things were overgrown but still a nice trail. People were fishing and kids were swimming. The toilets were gross and trash was overflowing but the trail itself was perfect. We will definitely do this trail again.

Memorial Day so it was packed but it was a beautiful hike. Unfortunately a little trashed but not as bad as I had expected from other reviews.

Kids and I love it here!

we went in this place with my friend it was really fun my friend and i almost slide the mad,we actually finished the end this place remind me where I used to live lol.

my husband & I went here today ! we walked about 5 miles! loved it here, it was beautiful! we also brought our two dogs and they had a blast! dozer got to swim!

Trails are not long enough to get a good run in. Trails are extremely dirty with trash and used clothes all over. It's not like it's only in one area. It's literally all over. Trash everywhere. The bridges at the park are nice.

Love this place

Nice easy trail. So much trash! Our youth group from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints picked up bags full.