Cedar Hill State Park DORBA Trail

Cedar Hill State Park DORBA Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Hill, TX that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

scenic driving

Good Mountain biking trails

This should be tagged with SPIDERS :(

I'm sure that this place is pretty cool, on an overall basis, but I had an awful experience. My boyfriend and I went at the end of the day yesterday (on a Sunday), and we just wanted to hike for an hour or two. We didn't know we had to pay an entrance fee (which in retrospect makes sense for a state park), so that sucked since we weren't going to be there that long.

But anyways, my main point is to say - If you don't like spiders, DO NOT go on the Dorba trail in October. We hiked about a mile into the trail, and suddenly realized we were surrounded by them, and they were huge! I have terrible arachnophobia, so this was a huge issue for me.

Yes, I realize we were walking into nature's environment, but I'm just posting this as a warning for others who enjoy nature but hate spiders like I do. They were literally everywhere, hanging down from all of the trees, on either side of the trail, and they were low too, so if you weren't paying attention, you would in fact run into them.

I just read that it's prime spider season (which I didn't know), so I just want other people to be aware.

Again, I'm sure the park is cool, but just wanted people to know!

it's really great trails

awesome place.

Awesome trail!!!

Solid trail. I did the 8.5 mile but on the way back they diverted us due to a section of trail that was flooded

It was fine until I got to tired

Loved all of Cedar Hills trails and I was on foot. Got a good 15 miles done and still didn't see everything!

Great trails but due to all the rain the trails are closed for a good 2-3 weeks.

Great hike. Didn't see many other hikers on the trail but all of the bikers were very friendly. Well maintained trail. The bluebonnets are absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful view of the lake

Wife and dogs and I did the longest loop 12 miles. There is also an 8 mile loop and 3 mile loop. We were remote so dogs off leash. Trail was well marked and nice views of the lake. Some elevation change but not much. Way to much meandering of the trail to suit me as a hiker.

Cool!

Great trail! Well maintained. Plenty of different terrains throughout.