Cedar Brake Trail

Cedar Brake Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kristen and dogs and I hiked several loops in this area - cedar ridge preserve. Lots of elevation change. Pretty crowded on a Sunday. Prolly saw 20 other dogs. Enjoyed lake at the back. Some views of Dallas but not great. Lots of cedars and shade.

Fun hike, pretty with a nice over view and some decent elevation climbs and descents but definitely not something I'd rate as hard. I hiked it twice with a full loaded pack and a few other trails and had little difficulty.

Omg awesome trail one of my favorite places to go

Great trail that is clearly cut and easy to follow. It feels like you're really out in the woods away from city noises. It has several inclines and declines that make it feel like you're in the mountains. I would rate it as moderate. There were several other hikers that we passed, but it wasn't crowded at all on the trial. We'll definitely be back soon.

I would consider this trail easy. The best trail at Cedar Ridge Preserve in my opinion. Expect some inclines/declines.

I'm not a very experienced hiker and I'm out of shape, so this trail was a bit of a challenge. I saw several kids walking with their parents and they didn't seem to have trouble. Expect some steep inclines.

Great Hike! Had no idea Dallas had untouched land for hiking. The Preserve and trails are maintained totally by volunteers. Trails are approximately 10 miles. All trails connect. You can do 1,5 mile and keep going or head back. We did 4,5 today. If you're not in good shape it will be difficult. We'll go back!

Great place ! It's kept clean and marked I Will be going back to finish the rest of the paths.

This is one of the best spots to hike in Dallas. Best elevation gains and descents around.