Cameron Park Hike and Bike Trail

Cameron Park Hike and Bike Trail is a 7.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Waco, TX that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Cameron Park is a fantastic system of trails used by mountain bikers, trail runners, hikers and walkers. Each trail is clearly labeled with a name and difficulty rating like that of ski slopes (Green, Blue, Black Diamond, Double Black Diamond), so you can easily pick the trails that are suitable for you. It is heavily visited but the size often lets you feel like the park is just for you. Recent renovations by the city of Waco have added restrooms, water fountains, eating areas, updated trail maps and activity guides. The park also has a full Frisbee golf course and multiple scenic areas overlooking the Brazos River.

I ran the river trail from east to west and back. I estimate 5.5 miles. Pretty cliffs. Flat not too flat. Can't get lost. River was pretty. Saw a few boats. Mostly shady.

I used to think this was a 5 star hike before I actually started hiking elsewhere in America. Never the less, it takes nothing away from the trail. I really like it! there are a ton of different variations you can mix and match.

Good enough to drive 70 miles, we love it, well maintained, well marked, even plotted on Google Maps if you loose your bearings. Many levels, from easy riverside strolling to heart pounding hills. Big enough to enjoy nature, traveled enough to feel safe. Multiple visits and we are still discovering.

We had an enjoyable Sunday afternoon hike. It was well worth the drive up from G-Town. We'll be doing these trails again.

This is a fantastic park. Don't let the easy rating fool you. Too many trails out there to enjoy in one day. Shred it

Tough cardio! Love it though.

Fun ! Relaxing. Calm all around.

Great place to run, hike, and ride bikes! Watch out for mud!

Beautiful. Weather was perfect (late October)

This place right here is absolutely AWESOME!!! Various skill levels could spend hours out here.. Very well maintained.. super XC MTB experience.. and everyone has huge kudos for trail etiquette in this area.. totally opposite of trails in Austin.

My wife and I went here for the first time this weekend. We parked and started at the Redwood Shelter on the east side of the park. For a detailed map of all the trails: http://www.mountainbiketx.com/downloads/texas/maps/Cameron_Park.pdf Our first leg was River Trail, nice and easy trail with beautiful views of the Brazos River. The trail is nice and wide. Very beginner friendly. On the way back we took the Twin Bridges intermediate trail back the River Trail. This one has a lot more elevation changes and I was able to get a little burn in the thighs. The third leg of the trip we took Act Of Faith, another nice trail but with more elevation changes than what we were expecting. Crossed over to Shyst/Pipeline, which in my opinion should be marked as an intermediate trail. In my opinion anyway. We ended back on River Trail and rode it all the way to the park entrance and then rode the River Walk all the way to the I-35 overpass and back.

It is an amazing place to go with plenty of nice trails to ride. Definitely my favorite place I've ridden so far.

Definitely my favorite park in Texas so far. Great tree cover. Reminds me of some good Northern Ohio and Michigan parks I have been too.

There is a sit for GPS of the trails thanks to Scott with the WBC

These trails are so versatile. You can hike, run, bike, canoe, etc. I try to go twice a week as get a nice run in. From the ferrel center parking lot (through Cameron park trails) to mcc and back is 13 miles for those f you practicing for half marathons. It has great elevations climbs and different types of terrain to practice on. Also the trail Highlander is great for mountain biking! It requires so technique and good bike handling skills but a beautiful, fun ride.

We went today for the first time, and I loved the heavy tree cover and solitude. The easy trail next to the river is flat and wide and good for smaller kids. We went on the Highlander trail after eating our lunch, and whew was that a different trail than the river one. It's steep in places, lots of switchbacks, there were 3 mountain bikers on this trail, we politely stood to the side as much as we could. We saw a snake, and plenty of fossils. There was plenty of humidity, but a breeze that kept the heat down, and with the tree cover, there was very little direct sun.

There was solitude once we got off the easy trail, and it was hard to believe we weren't miles from civilization because it definitely had the feel of back woods. We enjoyed it immensely, and next time will try a different section for variety. There's so many trails to choose from. It would be a little nicer to have a map of the trails with mileage points, or maybe the trails marked a little better at points. If you didn't have a map, and kept an idea of where you were, if you aren't familiar with this place, you'd be easily lost.

I can't wait to go back!!!!

Love riding out here. Vortex is my favorite trial and probably drain pipe will be to when they get done with it.

Had not been here in years...amazing, as you get older they get much harder to ride. I did not brave near as many of the steeper ones as I once would have. Beautiful enclosed area, highly recommend riding for the young...and young at heart.

Might go back and hike these as well :-)

Nice hike can be muddy watch for falling boulders