Caddo Lake State Park Canoe Trails

Caddo Lake State Park Canoe Trails is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Karnack, TX that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, fishing, and canoeing.

old growth

We live in Shreveport and we have been twice so far. We love it. It's such a nice getaway. Quiet, beautiful, easy. They even have an explorers pack for kids (free) to use while they hike compete with a magnifying glass, binoculars, sketch pad with pencils and more. I take my sons (5.5 and 2) with me and they complete the trail easily and enjoy it! We have also canoed once and we plan to do it again. The big cypress bayou is just fantastic!

We canoed and hiked! This was a nice little day getaway from Shreveport! Next time we camp, too!

Fun day trip from Shreveport! We've been a couple of times canoeing and hiking! Perfect little get away!

I took my kids camping at the state park, we went out on the lake in a canoe the next day and had a wonderful time. The scenery is exceptionally unique.

We did the "old folks playground". We all loved it. Well marked and easy to follow trail.

sea kayaking

Thus far, this is the best canoe/kayak trail that I have kayaked. The scenery is just amazing, especially once you get into the sloughs off of the larger bayou. I didn't have time to kayak the whole trail but I intend on going back so do some more of it. The camping there is excellent. The camp sites are not crowded together. Awesome place!

We camped here as a family in September of 2009. While the trails around the park are okay the real highlight is canoeing the water trails around the swamp and river. We rented a canoe for a couple of days and has a great time exploring the bayou. It was fairly hot but under the shade of the thick trees it was bearable for camping. We camped right along the water and had a great time fishing. The state park rents out canoes by the hour or by the day. The park was the quietest place I think I've ever experienced and all sounds are dampened by the thick trees and brush. Moss hangs thick from the trees and gives you and incredible "in the swamp" feel. Cadoo Lake is the only natural lake in the state of Texas.