Bush Mountain

Bush Mountain is a 13 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible from September until May.

Rough trail, very steep at points. Very beautiful weather when I went in March but it was extremely windy in exposed areas, 70+ mph winds. The pine springs visitor center will generally give you the forecast if you are there before they close at 4:30 mountain time. Beautiful views and if you enjoy back country hiking/camping and having to work to get your reward this is a trail worth doing. No water in the back country or at back country camp grounds so you have to pack your own water and gear.

This was an amazing trail! I loved it! For this hike you'll need to take the Tejas trail to bush mountain. We hiked to bush mountain and camped there for the night. In the morning we took the back trail (blue ridge) back to the Tejas trail. I had a great time

Went out to Bush Mountain camp starting off from Pine Springs. Car camped the first night at PS and then took off in the morning. Amazing views once you get to the switchbacks. Very rocky, yet I did fine with my minimalist trail runners and my 30 lbs pack. I hiked up to the campground and took me 4 hours after stopping to talk to one hiker at the trail junction (Tejas-Bush junction). Camp had plenty of trees which helped with the high winds. Summited Mt Bush, took a few pictures and returned to camp. Returned the next day to Pine Springs to refill my water to summit Guadalupe for my third night but decided against it due to a fall i took on the way down (some parts have loose rocks). Great hike and marvelous mountains! Can't wait to go back!