Burroughs Park Trail

Burroughs Park Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tomball, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful park!

I've been hiking these trails for 5 years now almost daily and have loved them up until recently. The park itself has become more popular by people who evidently don't care. There is trash throughout the trails and obnoxious people who know nothing about trailing or hiking etiquette.

Some of the areas on these trails are great. It does have a lot of low lying areas that were not accessible due to the water. I think it would be amazing trails if everything were open. Most of the trails are wide which helps since this is shared between biking and hiking. We saw deer and rabbits which made the hike enjoyable.

I love this trail. I've been running it for awhile now (three summer now) when I first started coming here I wasn't aware there was different trails other than the paved track.

If you drive all the way to the pack of the park in the last parking lot and walk towards the lake to the left is a bench and behind it is an opening to a dirt trail head.

Previous summer, with the drought, there were more open trails, but with the current rain fall it is a little difficult because some are low lying ground with large puddles that are too deep to run through (trust me, I was shin deep before I learned my lesson)

Once you head down this trail head you will come to many branches of different trails in the woods. I like to go straight and pass both sandy left hand turns and go straight and the next left take that. All trails intersect and you can pick your own way through. I've ran the entire parameter and it was 8.4 miles from dirt trails to pavement and bak to start.

The location for this trail is about 4 miles from where it actually is. Do not trust the All Trails address.

Great for kids, gotta follow the deer and hog trail at the north part of the park. Great scenery and a good beginner trail .

I like hiking this one. The ups and downs and bumpy trails make it fun. I started at the northernmost tip. It is easy to lose the path and get lost?? But that was the fun. The walk around the lake is lovely on foggy mornings- enchanting. Lots of picnic benches. Fun fishing, play toys for kids. Our family has enjoyed it through the years.

This trail is wide and very level. Good for children. It is, however, an unremarkable trail as far as wildlife and scenery. Also, by my GPS, it was 2.08 miles.