Bringle Lake West Trail

Bringle Lake West Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Texarkana, TX that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking.

Love these trails. Great addition to Texarkana, especially considering their location.

the trail has some beautiful views of the lake. it was well maintained. on one side the is a beautiful wooden walkway. the other side is woods. so you have a choice of both. the parks were clean and alot of fun for the family.

love the trails. very pretty lake.

Well I never could actually find this trail. I found the park and it was the west side, but the only trail I found had a sign there stating private property. Now that I think back I wonder if that was the trail and the private property sign was just for the building that was there? UGH. Well anyway, I followed the boardwalk there by the lake, that led out to the street that had a walkway where you could walk to the other side of the lake. It wasn't a direct walkway...you have to walk along the street, but you can get to the east side from the west that way. Hiked those mountain biking trails on the east side, but the weren't anything special. Just ok.

This side of the lake is not currently being maintained. But still provides a small area to hike. Not much for biking as it is just a path through the woods, not a single-track. There is a 3-loop mountain bike trail system currently being constructed from the East Park. A 2.25 mile Beginner Loop is complete. The Intermediate Loop is underway (2 miles completed). With the Advanced Loop to come as well.

07/20/15 Hiked with my BF, Jamie T., nice review babe! Just wanted to add, this trail is very shaded. Being a redhead, I naturally put on about a pound of SPF (was not needed). While there are several little benches to enjoy lake views, the vegetation along the shore line is so overgrown that you can rarely get a glimpse of the water. When you come down 2312 looking for this trail, you will see the trailhead for hiking on the right side of the road and biking on the left. If you pass the sand lot, you've gone too far.

My girlfriend and I did this trail as a little bit of a gear shakedown for our hiking gear today (20 July, 2015). There is both a hiking trail and a separate mountain biking trail and a place to put in a small boat or kayak although there is a proper concrete boat ramp on the other side of the lake for larger boats. There is a big sand lot to park in and there was even some people fishing.
The trail follows the northwest side of the lake fairly close and is marked by blue paint markers that have worn down quite a bit but are still visible. It is reasonably worn trail but it could use some cleaning up in places. There are several downed trees but only one at the very beginning that isn't very passable without getting through a lot of thorns. Fortunately, the trail passes by the road again right before turning into the forest and you can get in there instead. I marked this as a waypoint and took a picture on my track. There are also several wood benches to sit down on along the way. We did an out and back trip. The trail ends at a small road near the top of the golf course. I am guessing this is why it is listed as a loop. With a little upkeep, this could be a nice little trail for bird watching or stroll through some nature.