Breckenridge Park Trail

Breckenridge Park Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful park!!! Well kept, quiet and refreshing. This is a little piece of heaven away from the traffic and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So glad my son and I found this place.

Fun trail!

Nice walk!! Nice green scenery.. The areas where there is cover where my favorite, wish there were more

Good one

Very clean and beautiful scenery! The little river that runs through is so clear and beautiful I highly recommend coming with friends so you don't get lost its huge! One of my favs so far and I've been on a lot of trails in the Garland-Dallas-Richardson & Rowlett area

Nice and quiet place to ride and walk. Families are out fishing on the lake.

Fairly easy on the paved trail; however, beginner/intermediate off trail and the creek is really the only intermediate in terms of mountain biking. I enjoyed it fairly small though.

I enjoy coming here occasionally on the weekends. This is a large park in the middle of suburbs with lots of trails and some areas are more natural than others. I usually visit this park from Parking Lot C on Brand Rd because there's a nice open area with paved trails to walk my dogs. This entrance point has a large playground, a big pavilion for large picnic get-togethers, and some restrooms. There are lots of paved trails for walking, bicycling, etc. as well as some open spaces for playing soccer or tackle football. However, whenever I want to go birding, I usually enter the park from the North Star Rd side of the park as the trail there immediately takes you among more trees.

There is the paved park side (eastern side of creek) and the unpaved preserve side (western side of creek). Open fields and wooded paths along the creek. City of Richardson has installed some nice bridges here. Some consistent litter along the creeks (though nowhere near as bad as the greenbelt between Garland and Rowlett), otherwise it would be 5 starts.

Very enjoyable walk, I've been looking for easy trails I can take my two dogs to explore and get exercise. The trails are wide and there are several options, for the first walk we stayed on the path around the smaller pond at entrance B it was a little over a mile. There were families fishing in the pond a few walkers, bikers and other dogs being walked as well. Plenty of shade, benches, trash cans and not crowded. Dogs must be on a six foot leash. All in all a very pleasant, easy walk.

Breckenridge park is a large city of Richardson park. There are about 4-5 miles worth of wide, paved, and mostly flat trails throughout the park. The park and trails are well kept. If you have a pedometer that will allow you to monitor how far you are walking. There are no defined paths with distances marked (although you will see a few items marked in the concrete nobody I know has been able to figure them out)