Boulder Park Trail

Boulder Park Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, TX. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options.

Trails range from 2 miles 12 miles. Dirt path, plenty of tree coverage to escape the city. Took my dog, and had a nice walk.

I think other reviewers have mentioned this, but it is definitely more of a biking trail. Everyone is polite, but make sure you go in the opposite direction. I used to walk my dogs out here; you will need to move out of the way frequently, if you're walking on the weekend. It will be packed.

Pros: lots of variety in difficulty and trail distances. People are very polite and friendly. Very well maintained trails. They have a couple of Porta-potties at the trail start. Picnic tables. Great shade because of all the trees. Convenient location.

Cons: Signage isn't great, distance markers would be helpful. There are Stray dogs, but I know people report these and they are usually picked up Promptly. Parking is tight, and you will likely park on the street if you go on a weekend.

Very good trail if you live in Dallas.

Muy bien!

One of my favorites. Different types of trails, hills, rivers, lots of bikers, all nice and friendly. Would be helpful with signs to/from entrance, certain trials.

if they had some signs so I didn't have to use Google maps to get back to my car that would be excellent, otherwise I loved the trail

This is a nice trail designed for mountain bike riders. We hiked it for about an hour loop on an early Sunday afternoon in the middle of July at 100 degrees. There is lots of shade. The trail leads through wooded and open terrain. don't be shy to take the red trail, it goes through a slightly more hilly terrain which makes for a more interesting hike. If you are lucky, like we were, there won't be any mountain bikers. Due to the trail being narrow you can't go next to each other. You can reach the trail head within a few minutes from downtown Dallas just passed the Zoo.

fun working my way up

Decent trail, better if you follow the red arrows

I definitely had a good workout on the trail, I go hiking regularly. I would definitely agree with the other commenters it's more of a biking trail than hiking and many times I found myself trying to get my dogs out of the way of bikers, everyone was super friendly but I still felt like I unconvinced a lot of people. Anyway, all in all it was a good time!

cool trail. better for biking than hiking but still expansive; the terrain is challenging at times, great for exercise

My first time coming here. It was great!
Liked that it was shaded.

I use the trail for trailrunning and really like it. Definitely recommend going in the opposite direction but the signage isn't as helpful for those on foot. 5 stars if we had signage.

Great trail, definitely difficult to do on crowded weekends because of the mountain bikers but I was told as a hiker to go on the trail in the opposite direction so bikers could see me more easily - and I definitely recommend doing the same. Made me want to get a mountain bike!

Fantastic! Rode this trail 2 days after a rain and it was a little tacky but overall in great shape. Lots of options to take but easy to navigate. One of my favorites.

Top Dallas trail!

Great trail for all levels. White loop easy but has some interesting parts. Back two loops are awesome. Some cool bridges, some fast parts and a lot of up and downs. Also dries quickly after rain, so I find myself riding here a lot.

Worth every minute of the hour drive for me. Great trail spent 3 1\2 hours last Sunday and the trail is in perfect condition! The small team of trail stewards do a fantastic job keeping all 11 miles as good as it can be! some new built up wooden drops coming off Porter hill are Awesome!
G$