Woodlands Trail

Woodlands Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Livingston, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

A little over grown but nice easy hike

Great, well-marked and scenic trail. The foliage was lovely even in the hot September heat, with lots of downed trees around the path.

Enjoyed this trail. I never saw anyone else. We were the only ones there. The trails are pretty easy to follow. The benches spread throughout the trail have the map on it to let you know where you are. Also there are maps at the trailhead. There were a lot of downed trees covering the trail so I had to hike around them quite a few times. The mosquitos about ate us alive. Would probably go back if in the area when it's cooler with less bugs. You couldn't even stop to rest and they were covering you even with bug spray on. Saw some wild hogs that my dog gave chase to and about scared me to death. Would definitely go back for the solitude.

Oh wow, spooky woods today! Great hike at near 5.5 miles in full. We got a good work out with this terrain. Beautiful fallen leaves on wide trail and then a lot of debris. Fairly wild and in need of clearing. But we didn't mind it so much, it seemed rather untouched and nice like that.
Rugged benches at every point or every mile. No picnic tables at the trailhead. No picnic spot along the trail. But goodness, the trees! So many good size beauties! Watch out for snakes!! I came up on a big one among the debris on the trail.

The trail is 5 miles long, there are benches with the trail map carved in the backs through out the trail. Parts of the trail is over taken with weeds and there are several areas with fallen tree debris. All in all this trail wasn't bad.