Big Cedar Wilderness Trails

Big Cedar Wilderness Trails is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, TX that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Has walking, running, and mountain biking (including downhill). Beginner to advanced.

it was a great hike scenery was beautiful

Be prepared for possible homeless camps/people. It's a potentially nice area. The trails weren't too difficult. As stated by others, they don't technically open until 1 PM on Sundays. If you're gonna go, go with a partner, church property or not.

Some of the trail is right off the roadway. takes some of the getaway vibe to it. It'll definitely be a nice run for biking and running though!

This trail was probably one of the better trails for the area and that was totally unexpected. When you pull in, there signs everywhere saying that it's church property and blah blah blah. Just ignore the church bullshit and keep driving because there is a pretty cool trail back there. It does have quite a bit of change of elevation for Texas. Do not expect great changes in elevation but for Texas it's not too bad!

I'm a pretty seasoned trail runner and would rate this one easy to moderate. If you run it hard it's on the high-end of moderate if you just walk it it's pretty easy.

I loved this trail! I was a little apprehensive at first because of the cyclists being that I am a novice hiker, but the ones I met on the trail were courteous and friendly, except one, and he gave me a dirty look. It was well kept and marked very well. I will be returning!

Decent, I would have rated it moderate, but once the bikers eat all the cobwebs, it's enjoyable. Marked rather odd, but still a great walk.

The only trails with any real elevation changes, but still this is Texas....There is more than 16 miles of different trails and they are the best for training if you plan a more difficult hike somewhere else. I train on these for my Rim2Rim2Rim hikes at the Grand Canyon.

Amazing!!!

This was a challenging trail but not maintained or marked well at all. Easy to get lost!

Really enjoyed hiking around the area. Trails are not well marked. Used the app on my phone when I got a little lost. Would definitely recommend it, quite pretty and peaceful during the week.

nice trails. not stroller acessible.

Great trails, can't wait to complete all of them (completed Ranger loop).This was our first time out, will be back soon!

the view from the top is awesome, but some stretches of the trail are right by the main road. There were only a few spots on the trail I would possibly deem hard, mostly moderate, but could be more difficult with the inclines during the Texas summer months.

Great fun!