Big Cedar Wilderness Trail

Dallas, TX
Big Cedar Wilderness Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, TX that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Land Owner: Mountain Creek Church Hours: Dawn till Dusk. Property access gates at the bottom of the hill will be closed and locked sometime after dark. Night rides must be approved by trail steward.

I loved this trail! I was a little apprehensive at first because of the cyclists being that I am a novice hiker, but the ones I met on the trail were courteous and friendly, except one, and he gave me a dirty look. It was well kept and marked very well. I will be returning!

Amazing!!!

This was a challenging trail but not maintained or marked well at all. Easy to get lost!

nice trails. not stroller acessible.

Great fun!

Great trails, lots to see, and plenty of birds

This is a great trail for hiking and dog walking. I went around it 3 times. Be careful when brining a dog. A cyclist stopped me and showed me a photo he'd taken of large rattle snake....creepy! Aside from that, I really got a good workout. Lots of twists, turns and inclines Some areas are shaded others are not so if hiking during hot summer months I recommend going early in the morning to beat the heat. Sunday's park doesn't open until 1pm as it's connected to prayer mountain.

Beautiful! Note that it opens at 1:00pm on Sunday's bc of the church and is closed on Mondays.

Bit of everything

Great. Dense forest and curving trails.

The trails are amazing! Beautiful and vast. Easy to get lost if you switch from trail to trail but that is what makes it so fun. Being that it is on church property, you will run in to a few scriptures which, for me, were quite inspiring. My little boy went with and he led the way joyfully. Definitely a great place to keep the family from getting bored with the different types of terrain, altitude, and views. The only issue I noticed was the tendency for folks to throw their trash on the ground. Very disappointing to see on such well-maintained trails in one of the very few places left that are undeveloped in the area. So please be responsible and don't litter! We will for sure be going again and again.

Thanks to George and Ben for letting me hang with them on the ranger loop. My first time here and it was a killer ride. Lots of technical stuff, fast downhills and lung busting hills. I'll be back soon.

Really enjoyed the few miles of trail I had time for today. I had forgotten that we had a big storm blow thru the night before, the trail had a nice spongy feel to it without mud sticking to my shoes. It was difficult for me to determine if the downed trees and branches were from the previous days storm or had been that way for a while. The portion of trail I was on was completely barricaded by a large tree near where it crosses the drive up to the church.

This is great place to mountain bike! Trails to suit every riding level. Amazing amount of work done create a great riding experience. 20+ miles of trail and more coming. Great experience definitely going back and would recommend this trail to ANY mountain biker. Great job DORBA!