Aztec Cave Trail

Aztec Cave Trail is a 0.7 mile out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Hike up a desert arroyo to a mountain cave. From the trailhead, follow the trail up in a S-SE direction for 0.72 miles to arrive at the cave. There are benches for resting at several scenic overlooks along the trail. This is a good trail for kids and dogs.

Trail is .75 miles one way and the elevation gain is more like 400ft. Gets pretty steep towards the end. Overall good hike though, cool caves and good views from the top.

Fairly easy hike while killing time by myself. Caves were pretty cool, but the real reward was ascending to above the caves. Great views! Perfect alone, with a friend, or with your family. Watch the kids a bit if you go on top of the cave as it is steeper!

Nice and easy :)

This hike wasn't to hard and wasn't to easy, good workout with a cool reward at the top of the hike

A very quick trail, about an hour in total. (6000 steps up to the top, 30 minutes.) Steep but the kids age 5-14 managed fine. Going down was scary though as the stones would shift. Surprised no one twisted an ankle! Lovely scenic views :) 6 who joined us were hiking for the first time and managed it fine. It takes your breath away-good little workout!

This trail will cost you $5.00 per person. It's not a bad little trail but it all uphill, so it's exhausting getting there. so spend some time up there and explore around the caves. The walk down it a lot easier.

Nice short hike to an interesting cave. Nice views of the valley below.

we loved this trail. not too hard. too many lose rocks. best time to go is early in the morning.

My son and I did this trail during the week day so we had the trail all to ourselves. We went behind the caves and picked up a trail that took us to the top of the mountain with beautiful views!

the caves were wonderful, however I only got to see the one to your right because of safety reasons. I'm not physically fit, it took me about an hour to get up there and an about 30 minutes back down. but overall it was a beautiful trail that got me into hiking. I'll definitely come back later!

Took our dogs here and they had such a fun time. The hike is a bit challenging. It's not as easy as it seems but it is a short hike. There's a lot of loose gravel and rocks so make sure your shoes have a great grip and protection. The view is amazing and you can deff take great pictures. Plenty of photo opportunity for sure!