White Oak Mountain Trails

White Oak Mountain Trails is a 5.6 mile loop trail located near Ooltewah, TN that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail loop winds its way through the forest on family friendly trails with multiple other options for people who want more or less distance. This protected forest is located on White Oak Mountain just outside of Collegedale TN and is very popular with students and locals.

There were many trails that connected to the main path and a map post at every cross area. I guess im bad at maps because I thought I was on a longer trail but is was only about 2.5 miles. Not anything special to see but the trail was easy and it had a bunch of small up and down hills so it was great for running, it also allowed my dog even though the trail is right off of a college campus so it was great.

I'm a trail runner and have tried many of the trails in Chattanooga- this is one of my new favorites! If you're looking for some sort of feature to see this won't be a good option- but if you love trail running or biking this trail is a lot of fun and the most well marked I've ever seen.

My son and I really enjoy these trails. Everything is so well marked and has a variety of difficulty, from easy to quite difficult. It's all wooded and very rarely busy.

Very well-maintained trails with good up-and-down. I visit this system frequently and the best part about it is that it can be hiked (or mountain biked) directly after and probably during rain. The drainage is superb. Wildlife viewing is pretty common, the rock gardens at the top are great, and the system is pretty easy to follow. The only bad part about the trails is that most are designed for mountain biking (but are still very usable and enjoyable).

Nice well-maintained trails with some good climbs. Pretty decent views of Collegedale and Ooltewah, especially with the leaves down. Very popular with mountain bikers. Many cross-crossing trails that get confusing at times. Just behind Southern Adventist University.