Virgin Falls Trail

Virgin Falls Trail is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sparta, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

Be prepared! The densely forested canyon hides the canyon walls that you descend through. The temperature can be up to 20 degrees warmer than when you start out.More than one case of dehydration has been documented here.

Love this place, the trail is amazing

An ideal hike! We went after a snow and it was gorgeous. All the falls were spectacular. Moderate difficulty with only a few steep sections, and the trail is well maintained.

Not a bad place. I wouldn't consider this hard to be honest. There are some good declines which make for a tougher hike out. Plenty of different routes for overlooks,waterfalls, and caves. Trails are fairly branded so it doesn't seem to easy too get lost or off track. Went on a Thursday morning and did not meet any others on trail! I would recommend for sure, Enjoy!

loved the beauty!

Camped out at the top of virgin falls. All the falls besides Big Laurel and Virgin did not have water. Top of Virgin had plenty of moving water. Beautiful hike. Will be back again.

The falls are absolutely beautiful, probably even more beautiful if we had some rain! My kids and I went on this hike and it's a lot of up hills and down hills, but it is worth it. Lots of spots to explore and venture into! But the falls is the main beauty of this hike❤️️loved it!!! Probably going to back in spring to camp next time

This place is Beautiful!!!

Went mid summer. Super dry, but we still had a great time. There was plenty of cool fresh water once you got to the falls. There are some great camping spots all around the falls for anyone interested in an over night

Great trail, not too difficult in my opinion. It took us 1 hour 20 minutes in and we spent about 20 minutes at the falls, then it took us 1 hour 50 minutes out. The trail is really well marked with white plastic blazers and additional wooden and laminated paper signage that makes it easy to navigate.

It was a really nice hike it being dry had all the falls down to a trickle but was expected. The overlook trail at Martha's pretty place was the highlight of the trail.

good hike but very dry

Absolutely beautiful and amazing place, easy going in, hard going out. Well worth the time out takes!

Unless you've been hiking before, I wouldn't suggest this one as a first time hike. It's personally one of my favorite trails in TN! It has a lot to offer as far as scenery- the overlook, a few different falls (Virgin Falls being the main one), some caves, and a river. The hike back up is quite the workout but it's a great day hike or even a good spot to camp overnight. I've done both and loved it!!

Wonderfu! The river is dry And because of that some falls that you could see on the way to Virgin falls are dry. It took me 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to come back but some hikers told me is a 3-4 hours hike back because is up hill. The Virgin Falls have water and is amazing ! I love it! Is a little hard hike but I would do it again! My GPS couldn't get me to the parking lot but I kept driving straight on that unpaved road and I found. Info about cascade and hike are few steps inside the trail. Enjoy

One of the most beautiful hikes we've done in middle or east TN. Lots of bear activity, and a great workout coming back from the falls. Only downside is that the trail was a downward slope before it took you uphill. For me, that meant my legs hadn't warmed up to stabilize my knees and ankles so I walked away pretty sore.