Vesta Glade Trail

Vesta Glade Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Lebanon, TN and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

1.8 miles Loop

Please excuse the misspelled words. in my past two reviews.

I have sitting here all day replaying in my head what I saw today on this trail. It was very muscular and athletic looking. It had a brown color to it. Like I said in my last review, I walked up from behind it so I never got a real good look right at its face. One reason is when I first saw it, I knew it was something some one did not need to walk up on and I got the hell out of there. The guy at the ranger station was asking me some stupid questions. Like I sat down with it and did a Good Morning America interview with it. I know when I see something that is dangerous, to get away. Do not sit around, get the hell out of there. This was either a very large out of the ordinary Pit Bull or a Cane Corso. If you do not know what a cane corso is, look it up, it is a pit bull times three in size. They favor a lot in the head and body, just a lot bigger. It is a dangerous dog just like the pit and I am afraid some body might walk up on it and get hurt or even killed. It could of got lose from a house near by, but they are very dangerous. If I walked up on a German Shepard or something like that, I would of not pulled my fire arm out and ran. Seriously, do not venture out here alone.

Ok... Today was the first time I have done this trail. I got about half way and all of a sudden I ran up on some huge animal. I just want to let people to be careful and do not hike this trail alone. As I was hiking about half way I approached some kind of animal. I did not stick around to find out. What ever it was it had its back to me and was walking the opposite direction. I only stopped for a couple of seconds because I did not want to stick around and find out. The ones that stop and d=try to investigate are the ones you read about in the paper or see in the news for getting attacked. I vividly remember seeing its back paws and they were humongous. This was no little dog wondering around in the woods. I first though cain corso. It was a brown color and was very athletic and muscular. to really the shape of a mountain lion. It reminded me of the two devil dogs on Ghost busters if you have seen the movie. I am a Tennessee gun permit holder and I carry every where I go. I immediately pulled my pistol out and walked backwards real slowly. Once I got around the corner, I hauled ass all the way back to my truck, I drove straight to the rangers station at Cedar Forest and reported it to the ranger or whatever he was. He did not seem to concerned or maybe thought I was crazy. He did not really seem to know much about anything. Starting to wonder if they found this guy one day randomly walking the woods and just gave him a uniform and said you work here now. I know more then this guy. I just want to warn people who are thinking about hiking this trail. I have been all over the place hiking in my life. From the AT trail to small public parks and I have never encountered what I did to day. If it was a pit bull or a mountain lion or what ever, No human should walk up on what I did today. It was enough for me to draw my weapon and haul ass. I will be in contact with the park again in the next day or two. I will also contact TWR if they don't.

Nothing overly special. Easy trail for beginners and kids. Lots of flowers and flowering plants.

Very nice and wonderful . Great for little ones ! Beautiful hard woods and sweet meadows!

Decent trail for the beginner or someone with small children. Trail is maintained fairly well. There are some nice meadow areas with various flowers. Be advised, you must use Vesta rd to get there...