Sugarland Mountain Trail

Sugarland Mountain Trail is a 24.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, TN that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Who ever said this trail was easy has lost their mind! Starting down at laurel parking lot and going up is hard as hell! Some areas where so thin you had to put one foot in front of the other.. There was tons of bear scat all on the trail. There is no water to be find on this trial so make sure you pack it all in with you.. All the water sources on this trail were dried up! (It is July) I found most of the trail pretty boring as well

I hiked this trail from Newfound Gap to Mt Collins and down to Little River Rd it was some of the best winter views you will have. It was mostly downhill from Collins shelter. This is okay if you do not mind all downhill. Was a little rough trail on the Indian Gap beginning but good after that! Will do again when spring blooms arrive.

One of the better hikes that go through so many different elevations with many views and well worth gthe effoet.

Dropped off up top on Clingmans dome rd and had a nice mainly downhill hike, isolated. I had never seen a bear in the smokies but I saw 2 on this trail, pretty close too. With a mile to go I had to follow it because it jumped on my trail and took off. 25 ft in front me.