Stone Door Trail

Stone Door Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Beersheba Springs, TN that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

South Cumberland State Recreation Area Rt. 1, Box 2196 Monteagle, TN 37356 (931) 924-2980

1 hour ago

An easy trail to a gorgeous view. It leads to a strenuous trail down a crack in the cliff for those who want to have more of an adventure.

love it easy trail beautiful views

A. Mazing

We did the Rim trail to Alum Gap and back around the loop to the parking lot. Basically a nice walk in the woods, about 7 miles. Foliage was blazing. Will backpack in next time and spend a night at the Alum
Gap CG. Lots of other trails to explore in the area.

Amazing views! Clean, well maintained, and easy to follow. Dog friendly!!

Quick hike, breathtaking views!

Breathtaking scenery!!

The ONLY reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I personally like trails with water better. The views from the overlooks were amazing. It was everything that I thought it would be. The "stone door" is really cool but unless you are going to take another trail or just feel like going down the stairs, I wouldn't recommend it. My friend and I went town the stone stairs anticipating something awesome at the bottom, only to fine more stairs. We caught a couple comping up and we asked what was down there and they told us 9/10ths of a mike down more stairs, there was another trail. We did Laurel falls behind the ranger station too, and we were a little disappointed since the falls were barely flowing.

I will definitely do this trail again in the fall!!

Beautiful, it was stunning and I felt like I could sit there for hours and just take it in. I felt like I was sitting on top of the world.

water was great.

It was great. I did the complete rim hike. Sawmill is an area that is dry. the spring I could not find. But I did walk up the creek bed and found where the Collins drops into the underground creek.

Great and easy hike. Great views.

Super easy trail with an amazing view!