Stillhouse Hollow Falls Trail

Stillhouse Hollow Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Pleasant, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The natural area is named for its most significant feature, Stillhouse Hollow Falls, which can be seen by walking approximately 2/3 of a mile along the Stillhouse Hollow Falls trail. The trail crosses an unnamed tributary that forms small scenic cascades before plunging approximately 75 feet. Stillhouse Hollow Falls is a 90-acre state natural area located approximately 21 miles southwest of Columbia and three miles northeast of Summertown off Hwy US 43. The natural area is on the Western Highland Rim in the Duck River watershed. The geology of this region creates scenic natural features such as seeps, flat shale-bottom streams, and waterfalls, both small and large, which help shape the regions dissected topography. (All information from the Tennessee State Natural Areas website http://www.tn.gov/environment/natural-areas/natural-areas/stillhouse/ )

The hike was a bit wet and slick in some spots, but overall awesome!

'Twas a beautiful hike! Wish I was in better shape for the hike back up!
Check out my video of the falls:

Nice trail close to Rattlesnake Falls.

Parts of this trail are a bit hard, but most is fairly easy. Lots of ups and downs. The main falls trail may only be a mile, but there's a ridge loop trail that will add another two ish miles. My Fitbit said 2.8 miles from today. Wishing people would keep their dogs on a leash or leave their mean ones at home.

It was beautiful and calming. A great place to escape for a couple of hours. Hopefully soon they'll paved the drive coming into it. It can be bumpy without 4wd.

My second favorite spot around here so far. Nice walk, loaded with greenery during the spring/summer and the waterfall is nice and relaxing. Not super busy like some other places.

Well we couldn't make it to the trail because of the absolute horrible drive way! Drove an hour to turn around and leave!

Gorgeous hike today!

The road getting to the trail is not well marked; we passed it twice. Trail is narrow. The water level is low, so there's not a lot of water at the falls, but it is still gorgeous. It isn't too difficult to walk up behind the falls.

Beautiful, went for a dip at the bottom of the falls and it was very refreshing. Be careful at the base of the falls where the most water is coming down as there are small worms on the rock that will stick to your bathing suit :/

This trail is neat, It's a short, steep paved descent down to the falls... And if you want to climb up to the top of the waterfall there is another layer of it that is hidden from the ground which I though was neat. You can follow along the creek as well. The air down there is kind of thick and swampy with lots of bugs... But worth a stop

I've come here 3 times now- the first time I was 7 months pregnant and the other times I had my 2 younger kids with me (5 & 1). The fist time we followed the trail and it was a great hike! The 2nd and 3rd times we spent the majority of the time in the creek. We followed the creek until we reached the falls and then returned to the trail down to the bottom of the falls. This was a great way to keep cool in the 97 degree heat!! Also it's so shallow my 1 yr old daughter could crawl and play in the creek with no worries! This is a fun little hike and is perfect for anyone with younger kids or older folks too. A perfect little adventure!

beautiful scenery and nice long trail

gorgeous! be wary of leeches though, saw one fat one in the water.