Stillhouse Hollow Falls Trail

Stillhouse Hollow Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Pleasant, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The natural area is named for its most significant feature, Stillhouse Hollow Falls, which can be seen by walking approximately 2/3 of a mile along the Stillhouse Hollow Falls trail. The trail crosses an unnamed tributary that forms small scenic cascades before plunging approximately 75 feet. Stillhouse Hollow Falls is a 90-acre state natural area located approximately 21 miles southwest of Columbia and three miles northeast of Summertown off Hwy US 43. The natural area is on the Western Highland Rim in the Duck River watershed. The geology of this region creates scenic natural features such as seeps, flat shale-bottom streams, and waterfalls, both small and large, which help shape the regions dissected topography. (All information from the Tennessee State Natural Areas website http://www.tn.gov/environment/natural-areas/natural-areas/stillhouse/ )

It was beautiful and calming. A great place to escape for a couple of hours. Hopefully soon they'll paved the drive coming into it. It can be bumpy without 4wd.

My second favorite spot around here so far. Nice walk, loaded with greenery during the spring/summer and the waterfall is nice and relaxing. Not super busy like some other places.

Well we couldn't make it to the trail because of the absolute horrible drive way! Drove an hour to turn around and leave!

Gorgeous hike today!

The road getting to the trail is not well marked; we passed it twice. Trail is narrow. The water level is low, so there's not a lot of water at the falls, but it is still gorgeous. It isn't too difficult to walk up behind the falls.

Beautiful, went for a dip at the bottom of the falls and it was very refreshing. Be careful at the base of the falls where the most water is coming down as there are small worms on the rock that will stick to your bathing suit :/

This trail is neat, It's a short, steep paved descent down to the falls... And if you want to climb up to the top of the waterfall there is another layer of it that is hidden from the ground which I though was neat. You can follow along the creek as well. The air down there is kind of thick and swampy with lots of bugs... But worth a stop

I've come here 3 times now- the first time I was 7 months pregnant and the other times I had my 2 younger kids with me (5 & 1). The fist time we followed the trail and it was a great hike! The 2nd and 3rd times we spent the majority of the time in the creek. We followed the creek until we reached the falls and then returned to the trail down to the bottom of the falls. This was a great way to keep cool in the 97 degree heat!! Also it's so shallow my 1 yr old daughter could crawl and play in the creek with no worries! This is a fun little hike and is perfect for anyone with younger kids or older folks too. A perfect little adventure!

beautiful scenery and nice long trail

gorgeous! be wary of leeches though, saw one fat one in the water.

Perfect!

I wanted to add that whatever path we took, we walked more like 3 miles today, not one.

Great trail, the waterfall is very beautiful. My wife and I ventured up the hill once crossing the first bridge and hiked it out to some type of bluff overlooking a valley with a lonely bench. In the fall or winter it probably has a pretty view but with all of the leaves on the trees and all of the growth you couldn't really see much. We decided to scope out the narrow not so well beaten path off the front of the overlook which had a switchback and was a pretty steep sketchy trail but it ended up connecting back to the main trails. We found our way down to the waterfall and it was worth the hike. The trail was a lot of fun and would likely hike it again.

Great hike. My brother and I seemed to get off the regular path somehow and definitely got a work out! I noticed getting here and finding an address was almost impossible. This is what my GPS gives me for current location:
8722–8844 New Lawrenceburg Hwy
Mount Pleasant, TN 38474
United States

Great hike

As a 42 yr old woman with RA, I was at first concerned but this was a nice hike. It wasn't "easy" all the time and it worked my joints but very worth it. There were places to sit along the path to allow time to rest if needed and come on, did you see the falls?! I would do it again in a heart beat...actually today!

Not what I would call easy. But very worth the time

Beautiful