Stanky Creek Trail

Stanky Creek Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stanky Creek is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Memphis, Tennessee. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for mountain biking.

Overall good flowing trail for memphis. Up hills to test your cardio and down hills are fast. Bridge crossings and one very steep down hill will challenge you mentally. It all can be ridden with a smile. You will run into people and dogs so be cautious. Everyone is always friendly. I ride this trail with my 12 year old and he loves it.
Have fun, ride safe.
Ken

Great trail, lots of different scenery.

Good trail with some difficult obstacles.

Loved this single track. I usually ride Herb Parsons which is also great, but this trail has some great manmade and nature made obstacles.

great hiking

it was great hiking in the park. Lots of deer to see

Good family hike- 3 mile trail with a 9 and 3 yr old in tow and zero complaints

I get down to the entrance and see a cop car and tons of parked cars, looks like I picked the same day as a rural 5k. Once I got past the hustle and bustle by the main parking lot I started on the yellow trail, what an awesome hike! I took the road less traveled which made for a better experience, the one bridge was out so I had to traverse a log, a lot more paying attention to the tree markings and finding myself in some very quiet peaceful sections. I did end up on the main path and finished a 6 mile hike on that. If you're looking for an easy to moderate hike stay on the white trail, it's not really marked since the foot path is so easy to follow. The yellow trail however rates more a moderate with its inclines, creek crossings and need to find the path at times. Either way you can't go wrong here!

For a trail that is surround by suburbia, it is a great light hike. The tail has a good canopy which helps with the hot summer days. It paths are well beaten and the roots are not too bad. Mosquito will always be an issue in this setting, but it is nothing insect repellent can't handle. The trail was well marked at the start but I stop seeing them after awhile. It is not a big deal because it is nearly impossible to get lost. At worst you would just keep making circles. With the trail being located in the middle of sub divisions, you have parts of the trail that are near major roadways and backyard areas. There is always a way out.

It should be noted that map shows three different trails that can be combined to make one big trail. You can combine for a good 8-9 mile hike if you plan it right. Make sure to take a camera. I saw dear, bug life, moss, mushrooms, tadpoles, among many other things. A good hike to keep the legs loose. A few hills but nothing to serious. Trail is also good for trail running and off road biking.

I'm new to the area and testing the different trails, I went to this one Saturday at noon for a run, and I really liked it, not enough elevation to my taste but challenging enough to make you work hard, sharp turns and plenty of roots! I usually do mtb and I believe can pull good 10-12 miles doing all loops. I wish I can find a map on line to understand all the crossings as it is not well marked.
Happy trials!

Did the blue trail then ventured to the red trail at the end. Two kids and one of their friends plus me. It was our first ever hike and near our house. It was nice and calm. We stopped periodically to look at the creek runoff and flora.

Best single track biking in Memphis area. Technical at time. Trees love to attack handlebars. Bring spare tube.

Nice canopy, nice cool breeze and filtered sunlight. Was visiting from Atlanta looking for somewhere offroad to run, certainly exceeded my expectations. Very poorly marked, somehow ended up running the white trail backwards of what I had planned. Old wood trail map at the trailhead, but transitions are confusing. Will probably make more sense as I get out here more. Looks like I could string together anywhere from 3-12 miles once I get an idea of the layout. Ran 2 days after a full day of rain. No standing water, not really any mud. Mostly tight single track, a few sketchy bridges, and an insignificant water crossing. Only caught a whiff of the "stank" briefly at the very beginning. Overall, a nice tucked away little treasure to get lost in.

Moderate scrambles with very little gain. An wast hike for a morning walk.

The trails are badly eroded by mountain bike use however, leading to greater rain damage.

The lowland bits will stay flooded and swampy for several days after heavy rain.. Dress accordingly.

Fairly decent set of trails. Not marked very well so print a map if you're going for the first time. The litter is a bit of a turnoff but certainly not the trail's fault! All-in-all a nice hike for being in the middle of the city.

This trail provides a moderate challenge for those who are not used to scrambling up and down creek banks, etc. Mostly used for off road biking. Trails are narrow. Be prepared to jump off the trail to give right of way to the bikers.

Having never been to Stanky Creek before and at my husband's suggestion, we decided that we could do this "short walk" before dark. He was anxious to try out new hiking poles. So at 6:30 pm, we set out. The trail proved a bit more challenging that we thought, and just about half way through... complete darkness descended upon us. We could have suffered severe injury in the dark on this trail with roots, stumps and drop offs. Luckily the new poles we bought had tiny little LED lights in the handles.
Definitely plan on making this trek again in the daytime!

There are actually 3 trails here a 2 mile loop (blue trail), a 2.2 mile loop (yellow trail), and the 5.1 mile loop (white trail). I have only been walking on the blue trail but have done it on multiple occasions. For being located so close to the city this is a great park to walk in. It is primarily a bike park but as long as you are watchful and pay attention everything can go smoothly. I plan to go back when weather permits and do both the yellow and white trails .