Sharps Ridge Loop Trail

Sharps Ridge Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

http://www.outdoorknoxville.com/places/trails/north/sharps-ridge-memorial-park-trail Just 10 minutes from downtown you can drive to the top of Sharp's Ridge Memorial Park for the best view of our skyline and the distant mountain peaks. There are 4.7 miles of multi-use trails that wind across the wooded hills. The trails can be accessed from the neighborhood on Hanover/Ridge Road; from the bottom trailhead just across from the picnic area; and from the upper parking area by the cell tower.The Gravity Jump Trail is 0.6 miles and is a black diamond expert only trail for mountain bikers - no foot traffic or dogs are allowed. Sharp Ridge trails drain extremely well and are a great place to hike or ride when other Knoxville trails are too wet.

The view of Knoxville is good except for the heavy cables and wires. I didn't feel safe on this trail. Afterward I found out it's referred to as 'pickle park'. While, it's supposed to be better maintained and patrolled than in the past, I have to say that I wouldn't return to this trail, especially by myself.

The trail was great. I enjoyed every bit of it, EXCEPT for the 2 times that I had to pass someone with a dog, NOT ON A LEASH. The city website rules on this park, #2 dogs must be on a leash and #3 respect other trail users. Both not adhered to. If you have a dog you need to realize 2 things, not everyone is comfortable around dogs and not everyone likes dogs. I don't really dislike dogs but they scare the shit out of me, SO, I am not going to be comfortable around your dog, coming up on a trail. So how about giving other users some courtesy and respect and put your dog on a leash. Especially when I look at you and tell you that I am terrified of dogs, don't just let your dog, not on a leash, keep walking towards me and just say, oh. I have been attacked by dogs before AND by an owner who said his dog was a big baby and is just playing, mean while I am being mauled by the bastard. Come on people, your dog acts totally different for you than it does other people and I don't give a crap WHAT you say, I don't see your big dog as a big baby, I see it as that damn dog who had me on the ground when I was a kid ripping into my skin and the owner laughing, saying he is just playing, meanwhile my clothes are ripped and I am bloody.

I appreciate the guy that didn't have his dog on a leash but grabbed the dogs collar and came on by me, like I asked him to.

Close to home. Great hike to take your dog with you. Nice views of the city.

Good trail. Not busy today. Great easy hike with dogs. Bike trails for more advanced users. Views of downtown Knoxville.

this is a intermedate trail that i would rate as moderate with fast down hill runs and steep hills, jumps and tight turns but a fun ride.Not much Parking

Easy hike in North Knoxville. Good winter views. Good areas to picnic.